FUEL SELECTION FOR THIS BABY MY07GT! MY07 VDC Driving Tips

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

FUEL SELECTION FOR THIS BABY MY07GT! MY07 VDC Driving Tips

Postby linpsalex » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:02 am

OK,

FOR MY07GT ONLY!

When I got this car, I'm thinking WTF? So good!

Then after the first TANK which I entered in the car I'm thinking WTF? wtf happenned?

Then I get my tank to near empty, and I start to try many different types of petrol out there, 95/98 brands, mobil, BP, Shell,... and This is my answer.

SHELL 95 : Great power if that tanks good quality 95 shell petrol. 1 out 5 times i got a tank of 95 petrol it was so crap, no power at all, but dunno why, after a while of 95 shell makes the engine louder. 6100rpm changes gears

Optimax 98 Shell (Got new name forgot): Turbo seems to be faulty, not much response and power from turbo. Tried few different Shell stations to check quality, still the 98 Shell sux for MY07 GT auto. changes to second gear about 6100rpm

Mobil 8000, Slow response on turbo, bit lag, but high rev, changes to second year approx 6300rpm.

Mobil 6000, hmm think its not good in any way. 6100rpm

BP Ultimate: Makes you car sound so smooth, give you good power too, but then the max torque feel does not beat 95 shell. 6300rpm

NOW, You all thinking BP won it didn't you? or Shell 95 but NO, I was not satisfied.

I think I hit the jackpot, when my tanks was near empty, so the orange lights have been on for about 50km, i went to shell and got $50 bucks of shell 95 and then went to BP and got 24 bucks of BP Ultimate (I live in Melbourne, Australia). When I first got the shell 95, felt power was alright, but just not as smooth as bp ultimate, went to BP added some BP ultimate. Hit the road AGAIN, BINGO after 1 minute, my car is owning all previous petrols I've had. Turbo LAG was very little, 2nd gear change about 6400rpm, if you're going uphill it sometimes changes at 6600rpm, i see it cross the red line on my auto GT. So basically the computer of the liberty GT likes this petrol so the computer is pushing it to the limit.

So basically, this is ownage petrol. Trust me boys, when u are near empty on petrol, go get $50 aussie of 95shell (approx 40litres) and 24 bucks of BP ultimate (18 litres approx, fill up the tank, the rest with BP ultimate). U get most TORQUE, SMOOTH ENGINE, U GET highest REV, pwnage speed.

The most ownage thing about this combination of Shell and BP Ultimate petrol is when you rev at 6400rpm, it changes to second gear at 4800rpm, used to jump it at about 4300rpm and lose some power. Now its gogo gadget all the way.

Be aware this is just for MY07 GT Liberty models, as this engine was made and tuned to suit 95 petrol. I thought about getting ECU too, but after this petrol I don't want it anymore.

Another info to add in:
Just for other auto Liberty drivers out there who didn't get Spec.B cause there was not traction control VDC, When you corner with VDC on MY07GT, you will understeer if you're going too fast, you will feel the VDC is activated but it is like doing crap all to keep you going in the direction you want to go. WHY? because VDC is activated usually when safe drivers slam the break and try to stear away from something dangerous. Hence i found out that when you corner faster, to keep the car in control when VDC is activated, just have a bit of the break down, this is so that when the VDC starts moving the brakes are in the position it is supposed to be to stop u from slidding, or losing traction, the brakes are clipping onto the wheel, not on thin air.

Basically the most ownage turn I've done is to have like a bit of brake in, just so that is just touches the wheel not causing it to stop really, and then u full throttle the accellerator. Then u feel the VDC trying to keep u in the direction u want, and u experience so much less understeering, u dont' lose control, VDC doing its job, and u are accelerating out of corners without losing traction like you would usually if you didn't have a bit of brake in.

Its mad fun! Try it and you know I"m not lying.

Get the petrol SHELL 95 $50 bucks, and $25 bucks of BP Ultimate, corner with right foot on accelerator, and left foot slightly holding the brakes in like 1-2 cm just a little so the brakes are closer to wheel and just touch, then OWN the corner. It is really ownage feeling, makes you feel the VDC is mad.

Have a nice day GUYS! I love my car, I don't regret its not a spec.b because I like comfort more then performance. and this VDC I have learnt to use it as advantage.

Signing off now,
Alex Lin
linpsalex

Re: FUEL SELECTION FOR THIS BABY MY07GT! MY07 VDC Driving T

Postby EJ25 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:40 am

linpsalex wrote:
Basically the most ownage turn I've done is to have like a bit of brake in, just so that is just touches the wheel not causing it to stop really, and then u full throttle the accellerator. Then u feel the VDC trying to keep u in the direction u want, and u experience so much less understeering, u dont' lose control, VDC doing its job, and u are accelerating out of corners without losing traction like you would usually if you didn't have a bit of brake in.

glad to see someone is using all of their car..lol every feature has to be tested out doesnt it? :D

well done alex, and welcome to the forum.. hope you enjoy
EJ25

haha

Postby linpsalex » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:25 pm

yeh, you wanna know how to control your car when you really need to!
especially in those situations where skills count, might save a life or two.
linpsalex

Postby Roddez » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:04 pm

Alex,

Did you also note the weather when you were doing your fuel tests?

Do the results vary when you consider this?

A cool damp day/night will make the car perform much better that a hot dry day.
MY07 Liberty GT-B (Manual)
Roddez
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B

Postby EJ25 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:43 pm

i notice on a raining day, i use more petrol too.. but thats just me..
EJ25

Postby viriix » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:04 pm

EJ25D wrote:i notice on a raining day, i use more petrol too.. but thats just me..

temperature and humidity would play a factor too.

regardless of what fuel is in the car, if it's icy cold in the cold night or mornings, the car will feel punchy obviously..

decent write up.

i've been using bp ultimate lately in my car, it's still to early to say what the results will be, but so far mileage feel similar to that of caltex vortex 98 and v-power. It really depends on how hard the car is used.

this topic has been talked about to death tho.. there are too many variable factors.. in the end it's just a personal opinion, and you'll put anything in your car if you 'really' have to.

i still haven't tried what 95 ron would be...
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby Mo_GT » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:25 pm

I can see that you've put in quite some effort in writing that but i'm sorry that your testing doesn't hold up with me as:

1) no data loging
2) every batch of fuel will differ
3) test conditions were not the same - ie all conditions changed (tempreature, road conditions, etc etc.)
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby WhiteGTB » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:52 am

Mo_GT wrote:I can see that you've put in quite some effort in writing that but i'm sorry that your testing doesn't hold up with me as:

1) no data loging
2) every batch of fuel will differ
3) test conditions were not the same - ie all conditions changed (tempreature, road conditions, etc etc.)

I totally agree, testing has many variables that can alter the results.

You need factors that are constant and it is abit hard to maintain consistency in everyday driving, under everyday conditions.

But nevertheless, great write up!
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Return to 2.5T engine specific