acceleration hesitation

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Postby viriix » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:14 pm

mine will follow 'very' quickly afterwards xD
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby Rosso » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:40 pm

Same problem here too.

Its only happened a small number of times & i forget about it untill it happens again.

Interesting to see if there is a fix to this. :?
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Postby XRC15T » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:50 pm

Sprintbooster...
[TEAM FUNERAL]
XRC15T

Postby caminperth » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:18 pm

Roddez wrote:
Trieu wrote:... but not sure if it is worth it...

Dude, there's no way I'm going to pay 2K to get the car to do what it's supposed to do in the first place.

What does having MRT play with the electronics to do your new car warranty?

Man - completely agree... unfortunately after talking to the workshop manager of my dealership he's told me the only way out of the stuttering is to go an aftermarket tune..

He also said as long as there's no change to the boost setpoints, the factory workshop will never know - hence no warranty issues..

However, as you said spending $ to make the car work how it should from factory has knobs on it...
caminperth

Postby MY07GT » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 pm

Well i've been to 3 Subaru workshops who have given anything but straight answers for my problems. They simply dont have enough experience with the new 2.5lt + Si-Drive models. So they will tell you anything.

I definately can tell u that a tune is not the only answer. You will not be disappointed with the sprintbooster. You can find out the the expensive way of a tune or take a punt and be satisfied with the results of a sprintbooster.

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby 07GTSTi » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:17 am

One thing to note boys... a sprint booster won't make you any more power. And you'd never spend $2k on a tune just to sort out a stutter. You spend the money to get it to run more efficiently and make significantly more power, if it fixes the stutter too, well that's a bonus.
2007 GT Spec B Tuned by STi Manual #213/300
07GTSTi

Postby MY07GT » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:57 am

:clapping: I agree, but will add the sprint booster does not make more power, eliminates stutter. haha

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby Boxer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:24 pm

MY07GT wrote::clapping: I agree, but will add the sprint booster does not make more power, eliminates stutter. haha

Phil.

I'd love to know how a 'buffer amplifier module' (effectively what a sprint booster is.) Fixes stutter - It really should only make the accelereator more sensitive due to the change in output voltage to the ECU??

Weird

PS - does this mean when you are in s# and have a sprintbooster installed - you then have max throttle at only half accelerator or so?
Lifes pretty straight without twisties:

07 Obsidian Black GTB Tuned by STi Wagon 6MT
Boxer

Postby coyote » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:48 pm

Hey Goxer, forgot to mention this to you .. Subaru USA are reflashing ecus with a fix for this issue:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69369

I'm going to order one of these:

http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DT-M-ISOCAN

The problem is that we don't yet have the software to make it work. However, Subaru USA are also offering reflashing software so that independent shops can flash the update onto ecus:

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

So it's only a matter of time. When we can compare the before and after images of their fix, it shouldn't be hard to apply it to our maps.

And anything else we can think of. :wink:

Subaru Australia FTL
Last edited by coyote on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
coyote

Postby MY07GT » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:40 am

Boxer wrote:
MY07GT wrote::clapping: I agree, but will add the sprint booster does not make more power, eliminates stutter. haha

Phil.

I'd love to know how a 'buffer amplifier module' (effectively what a sprint booster is.) Fixes stutter - It really should only make the accelereator more sensitive due to the change in output voltage to the ECU??

Weird

PS - does this mean when you are in s# and have a sprintbooster installed - you then have max throttle at only half accelerator or so?

Sorry Boxer as mentioned, i am not technical minded and struggle to change a light bulb. I think i have been using the wrong term as the "stutter" is another issue. Im referring to the acceleration hesitation, such as the problem of the car accelerating or responding once i decelerate then accelerate. That to me has resolved that issue. Yes sure thing its more sensitive thus giving that effect. So to me I find it useful.

The "Stutter" is the 3-4K lag. Wrong use of terms. :oops:

Phil.
[TEAM FUNERAL]
[MY07GT]
club.liberty.asn.au
MY07GT

Postby viriix » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:05 am

I think a bit of everything together has helped reduce it considerably.

It's still early days for me to say but the new exhaust definately has helped and the sprintbooster seems to have cleaned it up.

It's all human error atm.

Mapping will also take awhile if that's another path, if it will fix the problems we think we are experiencing etc. It'll take them time to refine it for Australian conditions.

While they're at it.. they can fix up this 95RON BS and give me back my JDM power!!! lol! :lol:
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby 3rspecb » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:09 am

My 3rb suffers from this too.

Sprintbooster to the resue..
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby Boxer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:57 pm

coyote wrote:Hey Goxer, forgot to mention this to you .. Subaru USA are reflashing ecus with a fix for this issue:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69369

I'm going to order one of these:

http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DT-M-ISOCAN

The problem is that we don't yet have the software to make it work. However, Subaru USA are also offering reflashing software so that independent shops can flash the update onto ecus:

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

So it's only a matter of time. When we can compare the before and after images of their fix, it shouldn't be hard to apply it to our maps.

And anything else we can think of. :wink:

Subaru Australia FTL

Hmm, doesn't inspire a lot of confidence,

I get the feeling the ECU is constantly varying spark timing and periodically it gets caught out with a hit of throttle and the knock sensor detects a ping! This results in a timing shutdown and consequent momentary boost loss.

My theory anyway.

Fuel maps may not be optimal for performance to meet bloody emissions.

OBD11 logger would be good just to go back and see what happened at the point of hesitation

Boxer

Postby coyote » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:05 pm

As much as you know I hate to agree with you Goxer, your theory is right along the lines of what I was thinking.

We may not be able to flash the ecu at the moment, but data logging is not a problem at all.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby Boxer » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:32 pm

coyote wrote:As much as you know I hate to agree with you Goxer, your theory is right along the lines of what I was thinking.

We may not be able to flash the ecu at the moment, but data logging is not a problem at all.

I'd also be concerned that flashing my ECU would over-write the STi map and go back to pov pack GT spec :D

Would want to ensure the flash is an STi flash

Boxer

PreviousNext

Return to 2.5T engine specific