Rough Idle

Posts specific to the 2.5 litre turbo engine

Rough Idle

Postby Roddez » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:25 am

All,

My MY07 GT-B is now almost 6 months old and shortly due for its 12,500 K service. Since new, the car has had a bit of a rough idle. It's not too bad, but sitting in traffic, you can feel the engine idle roughly.

At first I thought that after the first few thousand k's it would go away and settle down, but it hasn't. I have read a thread about the 2.0L turbo having a rough idle, but was wondering if it is a problem on the 2.5L and if anyone else has a simliar problem.

I have tried running the car on both 96 and 98 octane fuel from either Caltex of Shell and there is no difference. The engine hasn't used any oil up to this point either.

I plan on having the service done at Bankstown Subaru where I had the first service done. They were good, but I won't make the mistake of hanging around again. There isn't much to do or read in their service department. ;)
MY07 Liberty GT-B (Manual)
Roddez
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B

Re: Rough Idle

Postby Cagie » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Roddez wrote:All,

My MY07 GT-B is now almost 6 months old and shortly due for its 12,500 K service. Since new, the car has had a bit of a rough idle. It's not too bad, but sitting in traffic, you can feel the engine idle roughly.

At first I thought that after the first few thousand k's it would go away and settle down, but it hasn't. I have read a thread about the 2.0L turbo having a rough idle, but was wondering if it is a problem on the 2.5L and if anyone else has a simliar problem.

I have tried running the car on both 96 and 98 octane fuel from either Caltex of Shell and there is no difference. The engine hasn't used any oil up to this point either.

I plan on having the service done at Bankstown Subaru where I had the first service done. They were good, but I won't make the mistake of hanging around again. There isn't much to do or read in their service department. ;)

There isnt much dodo in the immediate area. All industrial and nothing else. Problem is the area is not easy to get public transport either - that is from memory anyway.

Centro Bankstown is a hole and full of undesirable people to boot.

LOL
Looking for idiots that need tickets!!
Cagie

Re: Rough Idle

Postby Roddez » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 pm

Cagie wrote:There isnt much dodo in the immediate area. All industrial and nothing else. Problem is the area is not easy to get public transport either - that is from memory anyway.

Centro Bankstown is a hole and full of undesirable people to boot.

LOL

You're quite right. Fortunately I work just down the road and can grab a lift to and from work.

I suppose the thing that I found amazing was that they didn't even have any magazines there for people to read while they waited. There were two TV's going. Does that say something about the area perhaps. ;)
MY07 Liberty GT-B (Manual)
Roddez
-stickered-

Car: 2007 Liberty GT-B

Return to 2.5T engine specific