can someone help me make my Liberty go fast (05 GT)

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Postby EJ25 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:19 am

BlackGT wrote:Obviously this isn't meant for some hoons to take joy rides in your car for kicks.

damn....i was thinking along those lines.
EJ25

Postby XRC15T » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:49 pm

Yeah, I guess most are sensitive about whom you let drive your car because you don't know that particular persons driving ability.
Especially with mods - to really get the feel it would mostly be driving at pace.
Plus the insurance factor, some companies don't cover certain age drivers.

I've been on some cruises and you can see how they drive and have to say NOWAY for some of them to get behind the wheel. (stationary yes, moving noo...)

In reality, I personally would not ask someone to test their car, if they offer then maybe I'll think about it, but even then I would mostly like not unless I was also very comfortable with the idea. And if I did most likely would take it relatively easy , unless they ask me to really push it.

I've only let a select few drive mine and other mates no way....doesn't matter how close they are.

Its whatever the owner is comfortable with. Everyone is different, Some just throw you the keys and don't give a shit , others different....

And although some guys don't let others drive, it great to have passenger experience, sure its not the same but it gives a rough feeling of what their car can do.
XRC15T

Postby hellashort » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:22 am

You are so not alone in being careful of who drives:

In the past (31 years of age) I have had a v8s and turbo jobbies. Even knowing my brother since birth I still will not let him drive my cars. His mechanical sympathy (nothing is warm yet) is poor. And he drives like the car should have hand of god control from cold. It is not being tight @ass on who drives, necessarilly, but more on their attitude to your car.

I have for the longest time owned the best car in my group of mates yet it includes a given understanding that if you screw with the gear you can't play anymore. And that is fair enough.
Life, love, breath and all things good; just give me drivetrain snapping power!!
hellashort

Postby ChrisGT » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:24 pm

What about using the top end from a JDM STi or STI Spec C?
Inlet & exhaust manifolds, turbo, injectors and fuel rail, intercooler, are these interchangeable with the 2.0 litre LGT engine?
Bolt on factory parts and retune?
I think the Spec C cranks out about 420Nm with an 8K redline-stock.
MY05 OBP LGT-Premium
ChrisGT

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific