Someone with a Liberty GT STi

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Someone with a Liberty GT STi

Postby AWDDave » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Is there anyone here that has a GT STi that would be able to help me?

I am playing around with the tune of my car and would like to see if can tune my standard GT to be similar to that of a GT STi

Preferably need someone in Melbourne...

Cheers,
David
AWDDave

Car: E60 BMW 530d

Postby SkoobyGT » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:27 pm

I have Hi Tech mufflers on mine mate, and an Apexi CAI and mine can beat STI's.

Never had it dynoed, so I don't know what power she's got.

But it would be as much as an STI.

Nice and easy.
************FOR SALE - $20,999 - ************2004 GT Liberty
SkoobyGT

Postby XRC15T » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:09 pm

:jester:
XRC15T

Re: Someone with a Liberty GT STi

Postby Mo_GT » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:09 pm

AWDDave wrote: I am playing around with the tune of my car and would like to see if can tune my standard GT to be similar to that of a GT STi

When you say "tune", do you mean the engine tune? If so, you can just buy the tune from Subaru or are you trying to do a "cut and paste" job?

If you have access to tuning equipment, you can get much better results than the std GT t/b sti .
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Postby EJ25 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:43 pm

ive got a stocko 2.5 NA.. if you feel like beating a liberty.. im up for it. :lol:
EJ25

Postby AWDDave » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:32 pm

Mo_GT wrote:
AWDDave wrote: I am playing around with the tune of my car and would like to see if can tune my standard GT to be similar to that of a GT STi

When you say "tune", do you mean the engine tune? If so, you can just buy the tune from Subaru or are you trying to do a "cut and paste" job?

If you have access to tuning equipment, you can get much better results than the std GT t/b sti .

I do have access to tuning equipment. I want to see what differences they have made to the tune to see how they've gotten more power.

I could potentially cut and paste... :)
AWDDave

Postby Mo_GT » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:56 pm

AWDDave wrote:
Mo_GT wrote:

I do have access to tuning equipment. I want to see what differences they have made to the tune to see how they've gotten more power.

I could potentially cut and paste... :)

Cool :)

I have a feeling that the differences will be very minor - like maybe fine tunning a/f ratios, timing, boost, etc.

But let us know how you go and what difference you find.
Mo_GT

Postby Mano™ » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:43 am

I have been told by a mate, who is a rally driver, that his best mate has some new software that will totaly override the ECU :) He tunes rally cars etc.. and this new software shitz over the STI software..

Defently need to get some more info on it, as want to get it done very soon ;) 8)
Mano™
-stickered-

Car: MY06 Liberty GT

Postby Mo_GT » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:50 am

LI81TY wrote:I have been told by a mate, who is a rally driver, that his best mate has some new software that will totaly override the ECU :) He tunes rally cars etc.. and this new software shitz over the STI software..

Defently need to get some more info on it, as want to get it done very soon ;) 8)

Hey Mano,
Let us know when you find out more - cos i don't beleive it.

To totaly over-ride the factory ECU with new software, youre looking at a very complex program and testing would cost a lot of money. Plus it would be stupid to reinvent the wheel (so to speak).

Its more than likely just another retune - kinda like Ecuteck, etc, etc. which is not new software or over riding the factory ecu but more along the lines of hacking into the factory ecu and making adjustments to the exisiting programs.
Mo_GT

Postby AWDDave » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:46 pm

I'm using the Tactrix cable and ECU explorer to download the maps on the vehicle.

This can pull and push ROM from the ECU
AWDDave

Postby burgs » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:00 pm

I know that NRG performance can retune factory Turbo Subarus ECU's using Open ECU Technology which the americans have been using for years, i used to think it was a load of BS until my brother and a few other rexy owners went and got the reflash and they have all noticed power gains for very reasonable $$$. Mine is getting retuned this week, which should bump the cars power up 15 to 20kw at the wheels.

That being said you would need to have someone in the know to it as you could do more damage than good, make sure the person who is tuning your car fully knows the software they are using and has plenty of experiance with it.
MY07 WRX SEDAN
Tuned By Autotech Engineering
burgs

Postby LIBER8ED » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:37 am

can someone tell me what an apexi CAI is/does??

cheers..
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby hks180 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:15 am

LIBER8ED wrote:can someone tell me what an apexi CAI is/does??

cheers..

COLD AIR INTAKE ~ :)

what it does ? filter the air since it's a air filter ..... make heaps of induction sound and looks cool .... keke

Leo
hks180

Postby LIBER8ED » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:52 pm

cool, thanks leo, might have to jump on the band wagon and get one of those... neighbours already hate me :)
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby fish_boy79 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:27 pm

LIBER8ED wrote:cool, thanks leo, might have to jump on the band wagon and get one of those... neighbours already hate me :)

where abouts in brisbane are you? can have a listen to mine if you like.

fish
fish_boy79

Next

Return to 2.0T engine specific