50,000km service

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

50,000km service

Postby Rosso » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm

hi all,

ive just booked my car in for its 50,000km service, the dealership has quoted me approx. $850 for this service, i just want to know whos had this service done & how much you had to fork out for it before i start questioning the dealerships costs.

i know its the first major service & it will set me back a bit but i was only expecting to pay around $500-$600.

thanks for the help guys
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Postby Ibrox » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:00 pm

Had mine done a couple of months ago and it cost about the same as your quote. But found out later that anther Subaru dealer would have done it for $100 less. It pays to shop around. Most of the cost in my service was labor :x
Ibrox

Postby LIBER8ED » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:32 am

yeah mate i would certainly shop around, try joint like ultra tune, and the more major mechanical places like that. they all still do the log book serivcings and on regular occasion are much cheaper
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

[TEAM BLUE OVAL]

Image[ImageImageImageImage
LIBER8ED
-stickered-

Car: MY06 3RB Liberty Wagon 6MT

Postby gt_dicko » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:37 pm

Just found the invoice for mine.
I paid $653.80 all up at Subaru Glen Waverley.

I'll be shopping around for my next one (100K) for sure.
MY04 GT 5AT - SOLD
gt_dicko

Postby bonski » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:33 pm

Do they do brake pad change at 50K service?

What are they doing to justify the 850 charge?
bonski

Postby BlackGT » Mon May 28, 2007 12:04 pm

Anyone know what done at this service interval? What do they do exactly?

Will Subaru warranty the car if you tune it any place other than Subaru?

I believe that the gearbox and diff oil needs changing as part of the service. My dilemma is that my car already has Redline stuff in it and according to Redline should last to 200,000kms but Subaru want to change it? What to do??? :?:
No longer Comin' through like a funeral all BLACK on BLACK
Now Comin' through like a polar bear at a funeral all WHITE on BLACK

435i Gran Coupé F36
19's, SuperSprint exhaust, BMR Custom Tune
Greater than 275kW's of fun

Used to have
2.0T Blackbeast with clutch

Cat Back Exhaust, CAI, ECUTek, Whiteline Swaybars Black 18's on Bridgestone RE050A's + DBA4000's & Hawk Performance Pads = >180kW of fun
With Dual Flywheel Exedy Clutch for that extra lift

Goodbye - 2011 Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Black on Black
BlackGT

Car: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

Postby fish_boy79 » Mon May 28, 2007 12:23 pm

BlackGT wrote:Anyone know what done at this service interval? What do they do exactly?

I believe that the gearbox and diff oil needs changing as part of the service. My dilemma is that my car already has Redline stuff in it and according to Redline should last to 200,000kms but Subaru want to change it? What to do??? :?:

tell em not to change it.
fish_boy79

Postby Ibrox » Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 pm

Make sure you shop around first before getting your service done I learned the hard way. :oops: There are other places you can take your car for warranty work besides a Subaru dealer. My 50.000 service cost over $800 and more than half of it was labour costs it’s a joke!! :evil:
I take my car to S&J now and what a difference. Nice people and they know there way around a Subaru.
8)
Ibrox

Postby Rosso » Mon May 28, 2007 6:03 pm

BlackGT wrote:Anyone know what done at this service interval? What do they do exactly?

Hi BlackGT, when i got my 50,000km service done the major job in the service is replacing the sparkplugs & changing all oils as you said, all the other usual stuff is involved - replace coolant, air filter, etc followed by a long list of checks. Majority of the cost went to labour.

Wish i could tell you the exact list but my receipt went with the car when i sold it.
Cheers,

Rosso.

#135/300 MY07 GT Spec B Tuned by Sti Sedan
Obsidian Black Pearl w/Charcoal Rims, 6MT.
Rosso

Postby fish_boy79 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:10 pm

to save some money you can do most of it yourself. I'm up for my 50k service next week but cause i changed sparks and coolant myself shouldn't cost too much. plenty of good write ups on legacygt.com which i've used and of course advice from the phat. guess you just gotta be confident enough to rip things apart in your engine bay.
fish_boy79

Postby BlackGT » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:17 pm

fish_boy79 wrote:to save some money you can do most of it yourself. I'm up for my 50k service next week but cause i changed sparks and coolant myself shouldn't cost too much. plenty of good write ups on legacygt.com which i've used and of course advice from the phat. guess you just gotta be confident enough to rip things apart in your engine bay.

I'll be doing some stuff on my other car a Lancer :haha: but for the Liberty being under warranty I would prefer Subaru do it. I'm just going to bite the bullet and do the lot reusing Redline oils. I'm going to get ready to pay around $1000 including oils :help:
No longer Comin' through like a funeral all BLACK on BLACK
Now Comin' through like a polar bear at a funeral all WHITE on BLACK

435i Gran Coupé F36
19's, SuperSprint exhaust, BMR Custom Tune
Greater than 275kW's of fun

Used to have
2.0T Blackbeast with clutch

Cat Back Exhaust, CAI, ECUTek, Whiteline Swaybars Black 18's on Bridgestone RE050A's + DBA4000's & Hawk Performance Pads = >180kW of fun
With Dual Flywheel Exedy Clutch for that extra lift

Goodbye - 2011 Harley Davidson Iron 883 - Black on Black
BlackGT

Car: BMW 435i Gran Coupe

Postby et » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:21 pm

BlackGT wrote:
I'll be doing some stuff on my other car a Lancer :haha: but for the Liberty being under warranty I would prefer Subaru do it. I'm just going to bite the bullet and do the lot reusing Redline oils. I'm going to get ready to pay around $1000 including oils :help:

Hey M,
How are you going :D
As far service is concerned you can tell them exactly what you want or do not want done on the car, no need for them to change the oil if you've done it already. :wink:
FYI, I was quoted $600 for a full 50 000 km service by Subaru Lindfiled.
Cheers
et

Postby utty » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:19 am

Just about to get my 50k service done on my GT and have been quoted $660-680 through Subaru. My local Ultra Tune which has serviced all my other cars can do it for $510 and keeps the factory warranty.
I have 1yr factory warranty and 1yr dealers extended warranty left(which only applies if car is serviced by them), would you forfeit the extra years warranty to save $$$$?
utty

Postby gt_dicko » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:12 am

utty wrote:Just about to get my 50k service done on my GT and have been quoted $660-680 through Subaru. My local Ultra Tune which has serviced all my other cars can do it for $510 and keeps the factory warranty.
I have 1yr factory warranty and 1yr dealers extended warranty left(which only applies if car is serviced by them), would you forfeit the extra years warranty to save $$$$?

I bit the bullet and had mine done my Subaru, I think it ended up costing about $700 or so (was a while back now).
It's also worth trying a few other Subaru dealers, I have found the estimates can vary greatly between different locations.

If you are confident that you won't need your extended warranty, then go with Ultratune, I like the fact that I have extended warranty for piece of mind and also resale value.
MY04 GT 5AT - SOLD
gt_dicko

Postby utty » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:28 pm

Thanks gt_dicko, your right, I have booked it in to Subaru to get the service, but it was very tempting. They have to fix a faulty windscreen water pump anyway, so it's probably better to keep the extra warranty just in case.
utty

Next

Return to 2.0T engine specific