Opinions On Upgrades 2004 Libert GT Auto

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Opinions On Upgrades 2004 Libert GT Auto

Postby HarryP » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:14 pm

So far the only things that have been added to my car is an upgraded billet wheel i was wondering what people thought i should do i just want to increase power and response a bit nothing serious like a turbo swap but a few things that will make my car a bit quicker i know the auto gearbox will limit what i can do. So far ive just been thinking of building it to get tuned and leaving it at that but any suggestions will be appreciated.

I also wanted to know how big of a job it would be to swap the pre FL front bumper to the post FL and the same with the rear but im pretty sure thats just tail lights and the bumper for the rear.

Cheers Guys
HarryP

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty Gt

Re: Opinions On Upgrades 2004 Libert GT Auto

Postby Yowie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:25 pm

A 3" dump pipe and a tune will give you the greatest bang-for-buck in terms of power and responsiveness.

After that the law of diminishing returns kicks-in a lot harder.

I recommend refocusing on braking and handling after you pick the low hanging fruit of the easy power upgrade - it will make the car very enjoyable on the street.

Other things to improve reliability/serviceability and other enjoyment aspects of the car can be chipped-away at over the longer term. Eg catch cans, silicone hoses, gauges, audio, cosmetic, etc.
Yowie

Car: SH Forester XT

Re: Opinions On Upgrades 2004 Libert GT Auto

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:03 am

The postfl bumper can be fitted to prefl, but requires some trimming around the prefl headlights.

Probably best to trial fit and modify it before getting it painted.
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to 2.0T engine specific