Recommendations for 2L 2004 Subaru Liberty GT Mods

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Re: Recommendations for 2L 2004 Subaru Liberty GT Mods

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:35 pm

Specifically you want the “hla” version of the upgrade turbo which refers to the lgt ts specific exhaust housing.
Similarly the dump specifically needs the lgt ts flange, with auto specific downpipe.
Avo make this option and there’s a nice hks example for sale here, iirc.
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=35645
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby Adrian_LibertyGT » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Done some more research, will speak with tuner about flex fuel and whether larger injectors are required.

Looked at the turbo, CMA have it available but it says 'TD04HL-20T' instead of 'TD04HLA-20T' not sure what the difference is.

Also saw the AVO downpipe, will be getting that instead of the invidia downpipe which does not have the lgt ts flange.

Because I want it to be stock looking I want to keep the stock midpipe and mufflers, 1st of all would they fit onto the avo downpipe and 2nd of all is it really that restrictive? If so what cat back exhaust would you recommend?
Procharge VF38 Hi-Flow turbo, Invidia Cat Back, 3 inch Dump, Kobe Motorsport Turbo Inlet + MAF Pipe + 265lph Fuel Pump, AVO TMIC, Pierburg 3 port boost solenoid. Tuned at Gotitrex
Adrian_LibertyGT

Car: 2004 Liberty GT Auto

Postby jacks-GTB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:39 pm

if you are wanting around that power figure and want to stay Twin Scroll, I think TD04HLA-20T Kinugawa or Mamba will fine for that power.

Exhaust - Ultrex Auto Dump pipe Twinscroll, the looks of it they have a great bell mouth & cat back (not really necessary) but whatever brand, they are all much the same.
Fuelling - 265lph Pump & Injectors...You have side feeds so you'll have to convert them to get ID1050x Top feeds. Not many companies make good side feeds for your model...(Good quality injectors are a must) We can supply you with our 265lph Pump with in tank filter, it's more than capable.
Intake/Cooling - Silicone inlet (we have these as well) & we have our new cold air intakes to suit your model as well. If your going aftermarket intercooler than PW would be the go because you'll have to modify silicone piping for your twinscroll outlet or AVO TMIC for Twinscroll.
Boost control - pierburg 3 port

Don't need headers or silicone throttle body hose because PW TMIC has its own pipe that replaces it

I don't think GIR has flex yet for auto 2.0L Pre-face but double check with them.

Msg me if you need any help or questions...
jacks-GTB

Car: 2007 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16629

Postby Adrian_LibertyGT » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:24 pm

Thanks for your advice! Had a look at your profile URL and my oh my what a machine you have got there :shock: :D

Will be getting that ultrex dump instead of the AVO one, also had a look at their cat back, will speak with my tuner about it whether or not to keep stock cat back.

Had a look for top feed fuel rail kits, is IAG's one any good? Also saw your 265lph fuel pump, fuel filter and silicone inlet, definitely will be buying from you. :)

jacks-GTB wrote:If your going aftermarket intercooler than PW would be the go because you'll have to modify silicone piping for your twinscroll outlet or AVO TMIC for Twinscroll.
Boost control - pierburg 3 port

Yes will be getting those 2

jacks-GTB wrote:Don't need headers or silicone throttle body hose because PW TMIC has its own pipe that replaces it

Awesome! didnt know that, thanks for letting me know. And yes i wont be upgrading headers

jacks-GTB wrote:I don't think GIR has flex yet for auto 2.0L Pre-face but double check with them.

Ill double check with them

Thanks for your help! I will pm you if i have anymore questions
Procharge VF38 Hi-Flow turbo, Invidia Cat Back, 3 inch Dump, Kobe Motorsport Turbo Inlet + MAF Pipe + 265lph Fuel Pump, AVO TMIC, Pierburg 3 port boost solenoid. Tuned at Gotitrex
Adrian_LibertyGT

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Regarding the injectors, I’ve done some research and apparently ID topfeed injectors can be ordered with different seat diameters, eg to suit the prefl injectors risers that have the topfeed seats.

The prefl injector risers have different rail mount spacing to topfeed tgv’s/tgv deletes, thus the requirement for topfeed conversion fuel rails, eg ID or T1 kits.

Or cut to the chase and look around for plug n play 1000cc sidefeeds.
bigBADbenny

Postby jacks-GTB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:01 pm

Thanks mate...long road that one..haha

Yeah the ultrex one is only new...but finally someone who has a better design.

Had a look for top feed fuel rail kits, is IAG's one any good? Also saw your 265lph fuel pump, fuel filter and silicone inlet, definitely will be buying from you. :)

Yeah IAG make great products..talk to GIR, they’ll probably say Radium which are great as well.

Send us a email when your ready to order - kobemotorsport@gmail.com

We will sort you out :wink:

Yeah hopefully they can sort you out with Flex Fuel...Haltech make a plug & play for Pre-face GT’s...which has inputs for flex and heaps of other things, but it’s pricey :roll:
jacks-GTB

Postby jacks-GTB » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:05 pm

bigBADbenny wrote:Regarding the injectors, I’ve done some research and apparently ID topfeed injectors can be ordered with different seat diameters, eg to suit the prefl injectors risers that have the topfeed seats.

The prefl injector risers have different rail mount spacing to topfeed tgv’s/tgv deletes, thus the requirement for topfeed conversion fuel rails, eg ID or T1 kits.

Or cut to the chase and look around for plug n play 1000cc sidefeeds.

Yeah that’s true Benny....also I think DW make side feeds for the pre-face but not sure how they idle. They will be cheaper price wise compared to ID1050x
jacks-GTB

Postby bigBADbenny » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:09 pm

Its definitely something to research carefully, especially when ID’s have such a great rep.
Op don’t forget to replace the inlet manifold gaskets at the same time: essential.

Note, topfeed fuel rail kits have different rail mount spacing to topfeed conversion fuel rail kits.
The former suits eg postfl topfeed tgv/tgv deletes, the latter suits prefl sidefeed injector risers that do not have tgv’s.
bigBADbenny

Postby Adrian_LibertyGT » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:17 pm

Im in no rush to start with power modifications yet. So it will be something that is well thought through. Im ready to spend but i want to do it right.

Spoke to one of my mates who is a mechanic and he said that you need to be careful with e85 as you cant leave it in the tank for too long or it will damage the fuel lines. Just want to clarify with you guys if its true because if you use parts that are designed for e85 it shouldnt damage anything? He owned a track car that ran e85 and it happened to him because he left it unused for a month. I rarely drive my car (lucky to be driven once a fortnight) so would it even be worth it to go e85? Is it too much power to sacrifice for 98?
Adrian_LibertyGT

Postby bigBADbenny » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:42 pm

That’s one reason to recommend ID1085x which are e85 optimised.
As for the rest I’m not sure but on the one hand all post 200x+ year cars are technically e85 compatible, and secondly there’s a recommended process for making the move to e85, eg low boost run in tune, then after a month or so of regular driving, upgrade the pump and replace the intank bucket filter as a precautionary measure for mitigating the fuel system varnish loosened by the introduction of e85.
That and way more frequent oil checks, as cold starts on e85 will introduce water into the oil which may not get a chance to burn off as it would during longer drives.
For this reason also a catch can setup is a must as blow by will be snottier than without e85 present.
bigBADbenny

Postby Adrian_LibertyGT » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:24 pm

A lot of things to take into account. Im just going to do it in stages, ordered some DBA T3 4000's and some bendix ultimate brake pads, will install them on the weekend (depending if they come this week) as well as a brake fluid flush and change. Suspension isn't in my budget and I know it is important but I will be putting money aside for it in the future. Once i get the time (Hopefully by April) I'll contact GIR and have a chat with them on what they think is best for me then Ill go from there. Ill let you know how the brake job goes. Thanks for all your help!
Adrian_LibertyGT

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific