Farewell and thank you

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Farewell and thank you

Postby Marvin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Looks like the old girl has bitten the dust.

2005 liberty GT had seized AC bearings, blowing smoke like a steam train (Turbo or Piston rings), rear door activators not working (full of junk I suspect) and needs head light assemblies replaced (just purchased replacements before the engine died).

I'm thinking only good for parts now.

Any one got any ideas what the best way to get rid of it?
I rang some of the cash for car people the best offer I got was $200, criminal when you know they will sell a tail light for that much.
Marvin

Car: Subaru liberty 05 2.0T

Re: Farewell and thank you

Postby norbs » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Mate, sad to hear but I guess we'll all get there eventually.

If you've got the time and space, you could part her out. You'll make a couple of grand at least I imagine.
'05 Lib GT with a few mods :-)
norbs

Postby Surge » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:06 pm

I'd sell it on Gumtree. Someone might take it on as a project.

Some people like to rebuild engines/turbos in their backyard
Surge

Car: 2010 lib GT 5eat

Postby teK-- » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Marvin wrote:Looks like the old girl has bitten the dust.

2005 liberty GT had seized AC bearings, blowing smoke like a steam train (Turbo or Piston rings), rear door activators not working (full of junk I suspect) and needs head light assemblies replaced (just purchased replacements before the engine died).

I'm thinking only good for parts now.

Any one got any ideas what the best way to get rid of it?
I rang some of the cash for car people the best offer I got was $200, criminal when you know they will sell a tail light for that much.

$200 doesn't sound like a lot but u consider they gotta come pick it up, then dismantle it, catalogue all the parts and store them until someone decides to buy, maybe scrap the chassis and heavy metals might get something back. Plus all their overheads, rent, wage, insurance, utilities etc and they don't actually make a fortune.

I advertised an older top-spec Magna on the Mitsubishi forums (blown tranny and smokey engine) and someone bought it for $800 as a project car which was a lot better than $200 the wreckers would give me.
MY04 2.5i Safety 5MT Sedan "Project Locomotive"
..: JDM Subaru-AVO-Whiteline-Bilstein-Swift Springs-Cusco-Rallitek-GT Brakes-Remsa-K4RT30Y-Blitz-Philips-Défi-STI-Sabelt-Redline-Alpine-Polk Audio-Kenwood-Dynamat :..
teK--
-stickered-

Return to 2.0T engine specific