Teach me how to fish!

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Teach me how to fish!

Postby mdonohoe » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi All,
I gotta admit I'm coming up a bit empty when I'm trying to do my own research and find what I want.
Let's take an example;
I know that I have a 2004 Liberty GT Auto 2.0L Turbo. I know it's an EJ20X block/engine(EJ205 - Thanks Surge). I know the engine serial number.
But when trying to find parts and shit for it, I'm getting fucking lost and I honestly dont know WHAT to look for. I must be doing something wrong.
Let's take the following thing(s) I'm looking for;
1. Head Studs (ARP) - Surge helped here - ARP KIT 260-4701
2. Oil Pump (11mm or 12mm)? - Surge helped 12mm https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/36074
3. Water Pump - Surge again Water pump - cast version was part number 21111AA026.
I need a bit of help teaching me to fish here. I'm reading build threads but not finding a great deal of part numbers. The only thread that I found that was exceptional was the Subaru cadillac brembo upgrades but somebody even posted that for me to find!
I dont believe I'm an idiot, but I'm having problems finding what I need....
Please help?
Regards,
Matt
mdonohoe

Re: Teach me how to fish!

Postby tkdbboy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:03 am

I've got an 11m oil pump and water pump off my 06 GT A/T
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=34302

Remember the A/T water pump is a 2 outlet. The M/T is 3 outlet.
tkdbboy

Postby stocko » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:55 am

Welcome to owning a preface. Try joining the fb page a lot more likely to get a response. Whilst searching is always recommended don't be afraid to post thats the point of a forum some guys will get angsty but that's their problem.
stocko

Postby dr20t » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Hey Matt,

Thought I'd reply to your pm here as its easier for others to find info if need be in future.

Engine is ej20x or ej20y - manual and auto. Manual came with twin scroll td04hla turbo. Auto was vf38.

The head studs you need are same as those for an ej205 open deck wrx 2.0 litre engine

Oil pump for these is model specific however the 12mm oil pump is most appropriate as its made for the dual avcs ej257 which is similar in oiling needs at low flow to the ej20x / y (because of the dual avcs and the oil flow and pressure requirements at idle and just off idle to operate the inlet and exhaust ocv's)

Good luck

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Return to 2.0T engine specific