P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit (Bank 1)

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit (Bank 1)

Postby 2004GT238 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi all,

I have had the check engine/cruise light come over the last few days. Went to a mechanic and they diagnosed it as a failing Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit (Bank 1). Has anyone else encountered the same? If so, how much did it cost to get the sensor replaced?

I got quoted $250 (part) and $240 (labour) from the mechanic I saw.
I got quoted $250 (part) and $154 (labour) from a Subaru Dealership. (Why would the dealership be cheaper?)

Are there any other camshaft sensors on 2003 MY04 Subaru Liberty GT? Or is their just the one?
Is it neccessary to replace the crankshaft sensor at the same time?

Cheers for the help!
DBA T2 Slotted Front Rotors |HID Low Beams & Fogs |Modified Third LED Brake Light |Interior LED conversion |LED Parkers,High Beam,Tail & Stop, Reverse and F&R Indicators |Daytime Running Lights |Plasti-dipped Grill & Lower Air Inlet |Semi-permanent GPS dash mount.

To come: Honeycomb/Mesh Grill |Front Lip Spoiler| New Mufflers/Quad Tips |Re-Tint rear half @ 20% |18" Wheels
2004GT238

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty GT Premium 5sp A

Re: P0365 - Camshaft Position Sensor "B" Circuit (Bank 1)

Postby bigBADbenny » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:50 am

Hold up, you'd want to diy log the inlet and exhaust avcs vvt angles first imho.
If ur 2.0T, 4x cam sensors (well at least 2), 4x avcs ocv's (oil control solenoids)...
Cam sensors can get dirty, I guess the loom plug could become contaminated or broken, but generally the fault may be with the avcs solenoids, logging is free and a good diagnostic step before parts swapping :)
Can help if in Melb, or reach out to a local member with logging or get your own.
See my tune FAQ for moar infos...
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Return to 2.0T engine specific