replacement doors

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

replacement doors

Postby stocko » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:49 am

Hi guys

so I have a question. my right hand side doors are stuffed a mate of mine drove down the side of my car and has cause an indent aswell as a crease and paint damage. he doesn't have insurance and I don't really wanna lose my no claim bonus as it takes my insurance so high. to get a paint shop to fix the damage would add a shit tone to my re spray so I was thinking I've found a wreck that's black sedan and has decent doors all the same trim. the only issue is mines 05 the wreck Is 06. is this a viable option or should I not bother
stocko

Re: replacement doors

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:07 am

stocko wrote:Hi guys

so I have a question. my right hand side doors are stuffed a mate of mine drove down the side of my car and has cause an indent aswell as a crease and paint damage. he doesn't have insurance and I don't really wanna lose my no claim bonus as it takes my insurance so high. to get a paint shop to fix the damage would add a shit tone to my re spray so I was thinking I've found a wreck that's black sedan and has decent doors all the same trim. the only issue is mines 05 the wreck Is 06. is this a viable option or should I not bother

All gen4 doors are the same. Even wagon to sedan.

The only thing you need to worry about is the paint colour matching. If it has the same paint code and hasn't been repainted - go ahead.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Re: replacement doors

Postby stocko » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:20 am

awesome cheers mate exactly what I needed to hear thanks heaps. they have nicer inside trim to all mine wasn't looked after before I bought it
stocko

Return to 2.0T engine specific