no turbo boost

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

no turbo boost

Postby sam1113 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi guys,
Ive owned my MY05 liberty GT for a month now and it was running fine, recently however there is a loss in power and i cant hear the turbo spooling, has anyone had a similar problem and any ideas on what could be the issue?
sam1113

Car: Liberty GT

Re: no turbo boost

Postby HardwareBoB » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Do you have a boost guage?
does it hesitate?
Easy thing to do is check your piping/BOV/etc for boost leaks.
Best way to diagnose it is to get someone with a BTSSM or a tactrix openport and run a log on it - especially looking at target boost vs actual boost.
Could be as simple as a stuck wastegate - have a look at your wastegate and if it looks stuck open, give it a bit of percussive maintainence (hit it with a hammer)
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby sam1113 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:22 pm

HardwareBoB wrote:Do you have a boost guage?
does it hesitate?
Easy thing to do is check your piping/BOV/etc for boost leaks.
Best way to diagnose it is to get someone with a BTSSM or a tactrix openport and run a log on it - especially looking at target boost vs actual boost.
Could be as simple as a stuck wastegate - have a look at your wastegate and if it looks stuck open, give it a bit of percussive maintainence (hit it with a hammer)

i dont have a boost gauge, ill check the waste gate tomorrow though, thanks for the info much appreciated.
sam1113

Car: Liberty GT

Postby brainy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:39 pm

There is a hose that goes to the back of the inlet manifold. It's known to coming off and causes boost loss.

Trace the small hose off the bypass valve (bov) and make sure the other end is connected.
MY08 Liberty GT Spec B
brainy

Car: MY08 Liberty GT Spec B

Return to 2.0T engine specific