Buzzing coming from throttlebody

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Buzzing coming from throttlebody

Postby kabdizzle » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi All,

Power steering pump just went on my 2004 gt and while i was looking around the engine bay prior to removing it i had the ignition on reds but the engine off and i noticed that there was a steady electric buzzing coming from the throttle body. This being my first drive by wire car I just want to ask if this is normal for our cars or if the throttle body is stuffed. I have had intermittent rough idle which i tried to do the avcs solenoid clean up to fix but haven't had a chance to thoroughly test it. Is it possible that the throttle body can cause rough idle if it is faulty?

Cheers Kab
kabdizzle

Re: Buzzing coming from throttlebody

Postby Deep Heat » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Normal.
Jack_Keaka wrote: I like my women like subarus, box explodes and does a head easily.
Deep Heat
formerly Twinkle

Postby RX25SE » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:12 am

As above, normal.
The throttle motor is powered by a supply that is switched several hundred times per second, this is what you hear.
RX25SE

Car: MY07 30RB 6sp Wag

Postby kabdizzle » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Ok thanks guys just wasn't sure because never heard anything like that before when the ignition was just on the on position. My brother was convinced something was shorting out somewhere. Also just seen that there are exhaust solenoids on the bottom of the heads. Might give them a clean as well to attack my rough idle.
kabdizzle

Postby kabdizzle » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:39 pm

Ps. Power steering pumps from subaru are a rip here. $1700 from the local dealer, $320 to rebuild old one or this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUBARU-34430 ... ec6&_uhb=1

easy choice in my eyes
kabdizzle

Return to 2.0T engine specific