EJ20 X or Y?

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

EJ20 X or Y?

Postby codylibertysti241 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:34 pm

I was checking out my build plate today to order a correct part for something and I noticed that it states the car as an EJ20X805E or something, I thought only the manuals were an 'X' and the autos were a 'Y'. Mine is a 5EAT. Something also unusual was I had a bit of a nightmare fitting the new Invidia Aus Spec auto dump pipe a few months back and had to modify it a bit which really puzzled PSR and myself because they swore it should have been a near spot on fit. Anyone else had this?
Wherever you are that's where you'll be
codylibertysti241

Car: my06 liberty wagon tuned by STI
Profile URL: You know the best thing about a V8? Nothing

EJ20 X or Y?

Postby Sean82 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm finding the same thing Cody, I've been checking out a few LGT autos and all say X

As for the DP, IMO and the experience of others, the claim they fit is complete bullshit. I've had four S-Edition Forester owners contact me asking if I had the same issues with the Invidia DP not fitting. Simply, no. I had a proper Invidia DP, not this bullshit Aus-spec one.
Send it back, get your money back, import one from the USA and get a second hand STi steering knuckle and you'll have no issues.
Current: MY04 LGT 5EAT Wagon
Previous: MY11 Forester S-Edition VF52|ID1000s|Stuff|E85|12.9s @ 106
Sean82

Car: MY04 GT with JDM GRB EJ207 swap

Re: EJ20 X or Y?

Postby codylibertysti241 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Sean82 wrote:I'm finding the same thing Cody, I've been checking out a few LGT autos and all say X

As for the DP, IMO and the experience of others, the claim they fit is complete bullshit. I've had four S-Edition Forester owners contact me asking if I had the same issues with the Invidia DP not fitting. Simply, no. I had a proper Invidia DP, not this bullshit Aus-spec one.
Send it back, get your money back, import one from the USA and get a second hand STi steering knuckle and you'll have no issues.

Too late mate, I just cut it and modified it to suit myself. It cost me an extra 90 mandrel bend and some labour
codylibertysti241

Postby kikxz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:59 am

as far as I was aware I thought autos had the ej20x with the vf38 variant and the manual's had the ej20y td04.

Mines a manual and my plate has ej20y on it
kikxz

Car: MY06 GTSTI

Postby codylibertysti241 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:53 pm

kikxz wrote:as far as I was aware I thought autos had the ej20x with the vf38 variant and the manual's had the ej20y td04.

Mines a manual and my plate has ej20y on it

That makes perfect sense, only reason I brought it up is because when I first joined the forum some muppet told me it was a 'Y'
codylibertysti241

Return to 2.0T engine specific