Closed block or 207block

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Re: Closed block or 207block

Postby Gra's GT Lib » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 pm

dr20t wrote:Get the v10 long block with vf53 and twin scroll headers. Its not that much more expensive and definitely not "harder" per se, as assembling a subie motor with costs etc will cost you more than the outlay of the new motor.

Sell your vf38

Either reuse or sell your pw TMIC (If front mount then definitely reuse it)

Twin scroll dump pipe bell mouth on eBay (kinugawa / kando)

Stock preface ecu will run this motor you only need to reuse your old cam position sensors which are minor mods

Either reuse your black plastic intake manifold or better option is the ej207 inlet manifold with liberty throttle body

Stock v10 with vf53 on 98 wth retune will do 250kw atw depending on tuner. On e85 will make 270or so atw but a shitload more torque in mid range.

Stock liberty heads on v7 long block and vf38 will make 180awkw max

Vf53 twin scroll turbo and v10 twin scroll headers on the liberty heads and v7 block will make 220 odd awkw

Mick

Hi Mick
quick question for you the guy contacted me said has the complete engine with ecu every thing he asked me if there is anything else I want so thought I would ask you first before answering him so should I get any other bits and pieces off him thanks mate pm you as well

Graeme
Gra's GT Lib

Car: MY05 GT Liberty

Re: Closed block or 207block

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:55 am

Gra's GT Lib wrote:
dr20t wrote:Get the v10 long block with vf53 and twin scroll headers. Its not that much more expensive and definitely not "harder" per se, as assembling a subie motor with costs etc will cost you more than the outlay of the new motor.

Sell your vf38

Either reuse or sell your pw TMIC (If front mount then definitely reuse it)

Twin scroll dump pipe bell mouth on eBay (kinugawa / kando)

Stock preface ecu will run this motor you only need to reuse your old cam position sensors which are minor mods

Either reuse your black plastic intake manifold or better option is the ej207 inlet manifold with liberty throttle body

Stock v10 with vf53 on 98 wth retune will do 250kw atw depending on tuner. On e85 will make 270or so atw but a shitload more torque in mid range.

Stock liberty heads on v7 long block and vf38 will make 180awkw max

Vf53 twin scroll turbo and v10 twin scroll headers on the liberty heads and v7 block will make 220 odd awkw

Mick

Hi Mick
quick question for you the guy contacted me said has the complete engine with ecu every thing he asked me if there is anything else I want so thought I would ask you first before answering him so should I get any other bits and pieces off him thanks mate pm you as well

Graeme

V10 ECU wont work, use stock ECU ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific