High idle on cold start

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Re: High idle on cold start

Postby cooki_monsta » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 am

matt_linegar wrote:So the advice so far is vac leak, O2 sensors or MAF, does that mean mass air flow meter? Also do you air/fuel when you say "a/f"?

Any tips on diagnosing these cheaply?

Matt

Yep. The only one that is cheap to diagnose is a vacuum leak. There are a few methods that people try which you can search up within the liberty.asn forum.
Philips 4000 K Bulbs / Alpine ICS-X7 Mobile Media Station / Pioneer 2-Way Component Speakers and 2-Way Coaxial Speakers / Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch with Single Mass Flywheel / XForce Mufflers / Tein Street Flex Coil-Overs / Subaru 17x8J +53 mm Wheels with 235/40R17 Dunlop SP Sport 01 Tires / Cusco Rear Sway Bar, End Links, and Brackets / DBA T2 Brake Rotors / Project Mu NS Brake Pads

http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/
cooki_monsta

Car: MY05 BL9 > MY08 Z33
Profile URL: http://web.stagram.com/n/cooki_monsta/

Postby tony_bruce » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Hey guys, I'm getting the same thing with my lib.
Weird hunting when the ac is on, higher than normal (than when I first bought it) revs on cold start up AND when I let go of the throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear (auto) the revs drop to 1k and then shoot to 1500 about a quarter of a second later. Other than this the car runs fine. I'd like to fix it because I can't stand these small little characteristics. What should I be talking about with my mechanic? Is this just dirty/broken sensor issues along with possibly a leak?

Appreciate any advice.
tony_bruce

Car: 2005 GT - Stock as fuck

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:00 pm

tony_bruce wrote:Hey guys, I'm getting the same thing with my lib.
Weird hunting when the ac is on, higher than normal (than when I first bought it) revs on cold start up AND when I let go of the throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear (auto) the revs drop to 1k and then shoot to 1500 about a quarter of a second later. Other than this the car runs fine. I'd like to fix it because I can't stand these small little characteristics. What should I be talking about with my mechanic? Is this just dirty/broken sensor issues along with possibly a leak?

Appreciate any advice.

The 1st thing you mentioned could be anything - aging/dirty sensor, tune not done properly, very tiny boost leak (that seems to seal up when hot), etc. Clean your MAF for starters...and if it's only when the AC is on - I wouldn't worry about it, yet.

The second thing you described is how a perfectly normal auto torque converter behaves. Absolutely no issues there.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific