Dump pipe alternatives?

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Dump pipe alternatives?

Postby GT Gravity » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm

Hi Guys,

Just need some Dump pipe advice for my 04 GT(auto) please.

Unfortunately after speaking to 88 they don't have any Phat Dumps atm for my car & it seems the demand may have fallen so there not sure on when they will be ordering again :(. I know from talking with X Force they have said that they had their WRX Dump pipe modified by Michael from MSR to suit the Liberty but i want to know what other options i have for a Dump pipe within a reasonable price range (up to $1000 preferably fitted for that price).

I'm also getting an X Force Centre & Y pipe from Matt ->http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=24539
(not sure if that makes a difference for easy fitting to a dump from a different brand so thought i'd mention it)

Email from X-Force-
It's nice to hear from you once again. We actually don't do the dump-pipe and cat for Subaru Liberty GT. But one of our dealer (Michael South Engineering in Somersby) kept modifying our WRX dump-pipe and cat to suit Subaru Liberty GT.
I have enclosed the price list of the dump-pipe and high flow cat for your review:

SUBARU WRX/STI Mild Steel
Dump-pipe: $319
SUBARU WRX/STI Mild steel
Dump-pipe with Pre-Cat(METALLIC): $385
SUBARU WRX/STI Stainless steel
Dump-pipe: $500
SUBARU WRX/STI stainless steel
Dump-pipe with Pre-Cat(METALLIC): $700
SUBARU WRX/STI RACING CAT(CERAMIC):
$250
SUBARU WRX/STi Metallica Racing
Cat 100 CELL: $400

Any help would be greatly appreciated due to my suby nooby knowledge!

cheers guys,

Ryan
2004 Liberty GT Premium Pack
[3" AVO Dump Pipe | AVO TMIC| 3" X-Force Cat back with 4" Tips | KS-Tech CAI | Re-Tuned by KiDo Racing | KiDo Racing Coilovers | Kobe Motorsport BOV | Kobe Motorsport 265L Race Fuel Pump | Kobe Motorsport Strut Brace | Whiteline Rear Sway Bar | DBA T2 Slotted Rotors | Bendix Ultimate Pads | 6000K Xenon HID Lights | 2 x 12" Sony Xplode Subs & Clarion Amp | SSW Challenge 18" Gun Metal Wheels | SarD Boost Gauge]

Planning: Kinugawa TD04HLA 19T Turbo Upgrade & KiDo Retune
GT Gravity

Car: 04 Liberty GT Premium Pack

Re: Dump pipe alternatives?

Postby 04GTLIB » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:03 am

GT Gravity wrote:Hi Guys,

Just need some Dump pipe advice for my 04 GT(auto) please.

Unfortunately after speaking to 88 they don't have any Phat Dumps atm for my car & it seems the demand may have fallen so there not sure on when they will be ordering again :(. I know from talking with X Force they have said that they had their WRX Dump pipe modified by Michael from MSR to suit the Liberty but i want to know what other options i have for a Dump pipe within a reasonable price range (up to $1000 preferably fitted for that price).

I'm also getting an X Force Centre & Y pipe from Matt ->http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=24539
(not sure if that makes a difference for easy fitting to a dump from a different brand so thought i'd mention it)

Email from X-Force-
It's nice to hear from you once again. We actually don't do the dump-pipe and cat for Subaru Liberty GT. But one of our dealer (Michael South Engineering in Somersby) kept modifying our WRX dump-pipe and cat to suit Subaru Liberty GT.
I have enclosed the price list of the dump-pipe and high flow cat for your review:

SUBARU WRX/STI Mild Steel
Dump-pipe: $319
SUBARU WRX/STI Mild steel
Dump-pipe with Pre-Cat(METALLIC): $385
SUBARU WRX/STI Stainless steel
Dump-pipe: $500
SUBARU WRX/STI stainless steel
Dump-pipe with Pre-Cat(METALLIC): $700
SUBARU WRX/STI RACING CAT(CERAMIC):
$250
SUBARU WRX/STi Metallica Racing
Cat 100 CELL: $400

Any help would be greatly appreciated due to my suby nooby knowledge!

cheers guys,

Ryan

Ryan.

Contact CES up here in Brisbane, they will be able to help you out.

See below for a link to their products page (Pretty sure the one your chasing is the last on this page).

http://www.cesracing.com.au/products_5.htm

Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby GT Gravity » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:49 am

Hey Rusty,

Cheers for that, i did see ces, it's just a lil out of price range with postage+fitting on top :(
[3" AVO Dump Pipe | AVO TMIC| 3" X-Force Cat back with 4" Tips | KS-Tech CAI | Re-Tuned by KiDo Racing | KiDo Racing Coilovers | Kobe Motorsport BOV | Kobe Motorsport 265L Race Fuel Pump | Kobe Motorsport Strut Brace | Whiteline Rear Sway Bar | DBA T2 Slotted Rotors | Bendix Ultimate Pads | 6000K Xenon HID Lights | 2 x 12" Sony Xplode Subs & Clarion Amp | SSW Challenge 18" Gun Metal Wheels | SarD Boost Gauge]

GT Gravity

Postby 04GTLIB » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 pm

GT Gravity wrote:Hey Rusty,

Cheers for that, i did see ces, it's just a lil out of price range with postage+fitting on top :(

Ryan.

They are a little expensive, but they are one of the best dump pipes around (twin pipe design).

If I couldn't get one from Michael (Garage 88) I'd be hitting these guys up for one.

Hope you can work something out mate.

Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
04GTLIB

Postby GT Gravity » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Yeh i figured so, your the 2nd person who has directed me to them and with good feedback about the ces dump...

hmm it's still an option but i did see a AVO on tuspeed that looks ok, opinion? -> http://www.tuspeed.com/avo-legacy-bpbl- ... -1294.html

I also found this on gumtree (which would be epic if it is in good condition) but im assuming this will require further upgrades as per the usual mod trade off with jap cars lol -> http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bankstow ... 1023992383

cheers,

Ryan

GT Gravity

Postby 04GTLIB » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:22 pm

The AVO one is an option and I'm sure a few guys on the forum have had one of those fitted to their cars.

You may be lucky enough to pick one up second hand on e-bay or maybe even here on the forum as they come up for sale every now and then, so I spose it comes down to how quickly you wish to fit one.

Import monster another option as well, I've seen quite a few HKS ones for sale there several times.

Cheers,
Rusty.
04GTLIB

Postby dr20t » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:32 pm

GT Gravity wrote:Yeh i figured so, your the 2nd person who has directed me to them and with good feedback about the ces dump...

hmm it's still an option but i did see a AVO on tuspeed that looks ok, opinion? -> http://www.tuspeed.com/avo-legacy-bpbl- ... -1294.html

This one wont fit Ryan - its for post facelift with vf46.

Same as the XForce or other aftermarket ones in aus. The only aftermarket dumps that will work are Japanese ones made for jap market. Hks, tomei come to mind.

GT Gravity wrote:I also found this on gumtree (which would be epic if it is in good condition) but im assuming this will require further upgrades as per the usual mod trade off with jap cars lol -> http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bankstow ... 1023992383

cheers,

Ryan

That is nick's setup off this forum (Itssti)

Will work.

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby GT Gravity » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:17 am

Not doubting you Mick but i emailed Tuspeed yesterday about fitting with my exact car details & they reckon it will just bolt on??

The 2nd option looks mad & sounds like alot of fun but after speaking with some mechanic friends to get it fitted with new gaskets was $1000 on top, so it's a very up in the air thought atm.

Ryan
Attachments
tuspeed email.jpg
tuspeed email.jpg (174.79 KiB) Viewed 5208 times

GT Gravity

Postby dr20t » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

1000 to fit is ridiculous if everything is in the kit

And the dump listed above definitely doesn't fit if its as described
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 am

Just reread email. AVO is for a manual, not auto. Unlikely to fifi
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby GT Gravity » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:36 am

Yeh i thought that too when i saw the 'MT' but i emailed carmodsaustralia.com.au who had the same dump and they replied by saying they make them for both...

http://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/avo- ... 104m3game2

#ConfusedNow lol :?
Attachments
carmodsaus.jpg
carmodsaus.jpg (36.18 KiB) Viewed 5199 times

GT Gravity

Postby 04GTLIB » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Ryan.

They (AVO) do make them for an auto as I'm pretty sure Clarence (tangcla) was running one on his GT.

Cheers,
Rusty.
04GTLIB

Postby Lumaz » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:01 am

Found this http://www.avoturbo.com/avoshop/downpipe-ceramic-sports-p-804.html in the "AVO online shopping" section on their website

I am currently trying to find a dump pipe myself for my 05 gt MT and having similar issues

from the description it looks to be what is needed, they appear to have a MT version as well.

has any one had any experience or thoughts with these?

looks like the bell housing can be changed for fitting different turbos
Lumaz

Car: MY05 GT Wagon 5MT

Postby GT Gravity » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 am

@ Mick & @Matt you guys were dead right the one advertised won't fit but i contacted AVO for my exact details and they said they did make one, its just under a different part number, have a peek at this email below

cheers for your help guys,

Ryan
Attachments
avo email.jpg
avo email.jpg (128.86 KiB) Viewed 5120 times

GT Gravity

Postby Ben » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:12 am

04GTLIB wrote:They (AVO) do make them for an auto as I'm pretty sure Clarence (tangcla) was running one on his GT.

The o2 sensor burner!
Visit Sex Shop & Support My Mods.
Ben

Car: 2.0 STi

Return to 2.0T engine specific