05 lib gt a bit tired

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Re: 05 lib gt a bit tired

Postby wrxbouy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:42 am

kiahatsiu wrote:So, two good options here. Matt's full 2.5, which will need a bit of tuning otherwise straight forward, or the blue printed ej207 bottom end from RisingSun and wack you existing heads on it.
Either way, you need to multiply your 2000 dollar budget by about 5. I am not trying to be a dick by saying that, I am just trying to point it out.

Nah mate no worries about being a dick, but to throw 10k into an '05 car, would make more sense to trade into an 06 sti, as I haven't even thought about brake and sus upgrades. ill keep thinking.... :assassin:
wrxbouy

Postby Mat04 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:05 pm

wrxbouy wrote:Sorry the last post was supposed to be a later model liberty 2.5T with 6 speed box

Still need all associated wires and sensors.

No point in buying my option as the gearbox won't bolt in. I failed to read your car was manual.
owner and operator of offset Custom welding and fabrications.
Mat04

Car: 03 my04 slammed outback

Postby kiahatsiu » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:05 pm

I would consider freshening up your motor, bilstiens and good springs for suspension, and good pads and rotors for brakes. Nothing wrong with the 05 gt, well except the 5 speed. But if you are going to keep it below 220kw at wheels it should hold up.
Don't forget the 06 TBSti is nearly 10 years old too, and they have a raft of head gasket and big end bearing issues which seem to be coming to light now.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific