04 GT / P0122 & P2135 Errors

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Re: 04 GT / P0122 & P2135 Errors

Postby NRV155 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:18 am

I feel your pain. Mine has been riddled with problems, so far unfixable since the day I bought it. Instead of trying to fix it, you should figure out a way to get rid of it. Im thinking of cutting my losses and trading in. Would mean taking way less than selling private though but it is almost un sellable at the moment.
NRV155

Car: 03 MY04 Liberty GT

Postby Jim2013 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:18 am

NRV155 wrote:I feel your pain. Mine has been riddled with problems, so far unfixable since the day I bought it. Instead of trying to fix it, you should figure out a way to get rid of it. Im thinking of cutting my losses and trading in. Would mean taking way less than selling private though but it is almost un sellable at the moment.

It's crossed my mind to get rid of it but I wouldn't want to pass it on to anyone in this state.
Just shits me that maybe as a result of either the upper engine clean or degrease I've fkd the car. My mechanic is adamant it was just a coincidence or issues not disclosed at sale. But it was my bosses’ old car and I have worked with him for 4 years and he drove it every day with no issue. He bought it new.
Gonna try a few more things before considering moving on....
Jim.
Jim2013

Car: MY04 GT Premium / MY04 2.5i
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25682

Postby Jim2013 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:36 pm

..well the car ended up at All Drive Subaroo who finished with it today after a week at their shop.
Issues identified and rectified were "faults in wiring harness" & Replace Cam Sensor.
Car is running again and appears to be fine.
They have thouroughly road tested the fix - 400km! - apperntly fixed the car first day and spent the rest of the time ensuring it did not come back.
Said before but hopefully the end of the issues.
Fair play to them - car in / fixed end of story.
Jim.
Jim2013

Postby 04GTLIB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Jim2013 wrote:..well the car ended up at All Drive Subaroo who finished with it today after a week at their shop.
Issues identified and rectified were "faults in wiring harness" & Replace Cam Sensor.
They have thouroughly road tested the fix - 400km! - apperntly fixed the car first day and spent the rest of the time ensuring it did not come back.
Jim.

Jim.
Glad you got it sorted mate.
Did they or can you elaborate a little on the "faults in wiring harness" issue?
Just interested in a more detailed explanation.
Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby Jim2013 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:21 pm

04GTLIB wrote:
Jim2013 wrote:..well the car ended up at All Drive Subaroo who finished with it today after a week at their shop.
Jim.

Jim.
Glad you got it sorted mate.
Did they or can you elaborate a little on the "faults in wiring harness" issue?
Just interested in a more detailed explanation.
Cheers,
Rusty.

Mate I wish I knew as it's been driving me nuts.
The guy behind the counter just said the main guy tested / diagnosed and repaired faults in harness. It's what the invoice states as well.
I asked to speak with him but he was flat out as he had just come out of hospital and was limping around. Apparently he was going back in for another op so is doing all the cars he can before that happens.
I want to know if there is anything I can do to avoid it happening again.
I've had a quick look at the engine bay but couldnt see any new tape on harness / wires etc. But could have been one of the pins, this was what was wrong with a guys car in the US I was following - dodgy pin at throttle sensor.
I'm gonna contact them via mail and see if they can tell me more.
I'll post up anything I find out - someone else might find it useful.
Cheers - Jim.
Jim2013

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific