Injector upgrade ?

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Re: Injector upgrade ?

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Khalood92 wrote:I've read somewhere that you have to run an aftermarket ecu if you run aftermarket injectors, can anyone confirm this ? I found a guy that has a set of hks 555cc injectors used outve his gt, would they be alright ?

Stock ECU is fully tuneable, just like flashing in a software update for a mobile phone
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby Khalood92 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Can I fit the injectors without a tune ?
Khalood92

Car: Subaru liberty gt premium

Postby jslayz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:56 pm

Well I would not recommend it.

Will be running incorrect mixture........cud go bang....

Dont risk it.
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Khalood92 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Yeah don't want that to happen, ill just drive the care to the tune shop and tell them to fit and tune
Khalood92

Postby kiahatsiu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:31 am

You could install them and drive to a tuner. Just don't give it assholes on the way there. The car will be running richer, but not by too much.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby Khalood92 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:07 am

You sure ? I don't wanna damage anything
Khalood92

Postby maj » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:45 am

If you install them yourself and drive it to the tuner on partial throttle, babying it, you will be fine.

The tune won't be suited for your injectors, but in closed loop (i.e. not boosting it hard on WOT), the ECU is constantly adjusting the amount of fuel to give the desired AFR for economy and emissions.

The ECU will be saying it's running lean because it's taking away a lot of fuel due to the increase in injector capacity, but in reality it will only be running slightly rich.

Babying the car will keep it in closed loop and be perfectly safe for a short trip to the tuning shop.
maj

Car: MY05 LGT 5MT

Postby dr20t » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:03 am

maj wrote:If you install them yourself and drive it to the tuner on partial throttle, babying it, you will be fine.

The tune won't be suited for your injectors, but in closed loop (i.e. not boosting it hard on WOT), the ECU is constantly adjusting the amount of fuel to give the desired AFR for economy and emissions.

The ECU will be saying it's running lean because it's taking away a lot of fuel due to the increase in injector capacity, but in reality it will only be running slightly rich.

Babying the car will keep it in closed loop and be perfectly safe for a short trip to the tuning shop.

Yes and No

The ecu can only adjust for afr by adding/ subtracting up to 25% of a correction in closed loop.

If the scaling and latency is so far out that an adjustment of 25% won't bring afr to stoich (14.7:1) then there's not much the more ecu can do.

Bigger injectors will generally run richer without a tune, however if your latency is so far out that the ecu needs to pull 25% adjustment at light load (say under 2g/ second of airflow) then it may result in lean out under other closed loop load conditions once the ecu has self learnt the correction.

Where are you located khaled ? Happy to help or steer you in the right direction or set you up if the tuner can't fit your injectors etc.

Mick
Addicted to corn juice....

My FrankenStien build thread here: viewtopic.php?t=14137
dr20t

Car: 04 Liberty GT Auto
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?t=14137

Postby Khalood92 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:59 am

dr20t wrote:
maj wrote:If you install them yourself and drive it to the tuner on partial throttle, babying it, you will be fine.

Yes and No

The ecu can only adjust for afr by adding/ subtracting up to 25% of a correction in closed loop.

If the scaling and latency is so far out that an adjustment of 25% won't bring afr to stoich (14.7:1) then there's not much the more ecu can do.

Bigger injectors will generally run richer without a tune, however if your latency is so far out that the ecu needs to pull 25% adjustment at light load (say under 2g/ second of airflow) then it may result in lean out under other closed loop load conditions once the ecu has self learnt the correction.

Where are you located khaled ? Happy to help or steer you in the right direction or set you up if the tuner can't fit your injectors etc.

Mick

Im located in the Canterbury area, thanks alot mick if you can help that would be great
Khalood92

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific