Borla Style U/E Headers from eBay

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Borla Style U/E Headers from eBay

Postby dle » Tue May 14, 2013 9:32 am

Hey guys,

Tried searching this under this section but didn't come up with anything.

Just wondering if anybody knows if it will fit or even better has actually installed the Borla style unequal length headers from eBay on a 2.0L GT?

Also, anybody know if this product is any good? Is there any drawbacks, i.e: design or flow?

I am not particularly phased about gains in performance, would be more worried if there was any loss compared to the OEM U/E headers that can be found on all single scroll EJ engines.

I have done a search on this forum and the results only come up with 2.5i's and other models besides the 2.0L GT.

Thanks for your help
dle

Car: MY05 Lib GT

Re: Borla Style U/E Headers from eBay

Postby kiahatsiu » Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 pm

The design is inherently flawed, as there is an significant difference in the length of the headers from one side to the next. This uneven phasing limits top end power and creates that horrible and plated out sound. It does, however, give slightly better spool. I know nothing about the borlas, but I recall they are only for non turbo motors, and wouldn't have the correct up pipe. You would also completely negate the advantage of the twin scroll set up. You would end up with something with more lag, and less top end!
In short. Don't bother.
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Re: Borla Style U/E Headers from eBay

Postby Mat04 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Not sure how different your car is from a wrx but I got a set of wrx Borla replicas I am in the process of modifying my cat pipe so I can run them on a n/a. The ones I bought had dodgy welding on the d/s exhaust flange. Had to re tig them but easy done.
owner and operator of offset Custom welding and fabrications.
Mat04

Car: 03 my04 slammed outback

Return to 2.0T engine specific