mufflers / exhausts

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Postby 05gtwagonman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:58 am

Hmmmmm. I'm in wholesale, I understand that Hi tech want to make money, I also suspect that this price issue is all about protecting some type of dealer margin (38%!), but they need to run a tighter ship to get away with this. All that said, you're all right, at $1300, they have priced themselves out of the market...
Custom wise, a local bloke has estimated 'about $600" for sports muffs and slightly larger mild steel pipes up to a new flange rear of the resonator, and a flange attached to the original so I can replace at will. We were both looking at the size of the pipes after the split and felt that they had to be restricting things the most at that point. I do like this idea because it is cheap, and if the sound is not for me everyday, I can swap them fairly easily... Obviously the risk is that you get no idea about the end result until the job is done though...
Whiteline rear sway, King lows, Custom quad tip muffs, Subi sport grill, HID's, Boost guage, JL slot port 12" off the standard mac, RB3l 18's ezeflash tune 150.9kw@4w 15psi 36degC...
05gtwagonman

Postby ultrablue » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:37 am

i am looking at getting the mufflers swapped for something else just to give a bit of sound with out the need to replace the whole system
ultrablue

Car: 2010 ssv se

Postby Arith » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:11 pm

05gtwagonman wrote:Obviously the risk is that you get no idea about the end result until the job is done though...

I know of a few places that will remove your muffler and then hold the muffler you were thinking about putting on, in it's place. No bolt on, no welds, no joins. Just a car standing there holding the muffler against the pipe while another guy revs the engine.

A try before you buy type of thing. That way you get a general idea of what it sounds like before taking a big leap of faith because all mufflers sound different, and some brands may even sound a bit different for each car as well.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby sleepergtb » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:48 am

I originally had the quad tip HiTech mufflers and went back and had the single put on. What did I pay, like the others $800. I would not have paid the $1300.00. I think that is a bit rich.

There are many options out there but having heard many of them my personal choice is the sound of the HiTech's.
sleepergtb

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific