Improving clutch pedal feel; MY05GT

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Improving clutch pedal feel; MY05GT

Postby maj » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi All,

We've (mostly) all been through the endeavors of clutch replacement on our 2.0GT's. I personally was lucky enough to get in on the ACS ClutchPro kit early and not have to sort exotic parts or replace with another OEM unit. Whilst the kit was not as refined as it should be, I eventually wore through the disc after 80,000kms and replaced it with the ACS Xtreme HD kit (same disc, even more uprated pressure plate to fit to the already fitted Xtreme flywheel supplied with the first kit).
The difference this kit makes over its predecessor is noticeable and recommended for anyone who needs to replace their ClutchPro disc. I still get a little bit of harmonic noise in the 2-3k rpm range but overall the clutch performs much better.

What I'm actually asking today though is after 260,000kms on my LGT, I'm getting a bit of a heavy clutch pedal. I noticed it was quite stiff on the old clutch and replacing it made a world of difference, but that was 12,000kms ago and the pedal had progressively starting feeling the same again. Engage point is nice and low and very precise.

I'm thinking either my slave cylinder is starting to wear out, or my clutch lines are expanding a bit. Has anyone else encountered this or has anyone replaced their slave and/or lines, and if so what are your results?
MY05 Liberty GT 5MT Sedan - The runaround beater
MY12 STi Hatch - The family hauler
MY15 BRZ Special Edition - The toy
maj

Car: MY05 LGT 5MT

Re: Improving clutch pedal feel; MY05GT

Postby Robbks » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 pm

It wiould be hard to pinpoint it to the lines or cylinder without testing the pressure plate.
it may just be the worn fingers causing the different feel.

My Sachs-derived unit is much nicer under-foot than the stock unit was and better than any other new OEM ones i'd driven
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Return to 2.0T engine specific