OEM INjectors on MY05 Liberty GT?

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Re: OEM INjectors on MY05 Liberty GT?

Postby Robbks » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 pm

got a pic of this plastic "claw" thing

i have a hunch, but want to see what it is first
coyote wrote:Sure, a GTR is fast ... but it's about as interesting as listening to grass grow.
Robbks

Car: MY06 3.0RB Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12350

Postby leigh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Robbks wrote:got a pic of this plastic "claw" thing

i have a hunch, but want to see what it is first

Check the images.

Similar to the ones I have now: http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.p ... 1347126796

Similar to the original ones with the "claw" at the base: http://injector-rehab.com/shop/images/c ... ecswrx.jpg
leigh

Car: Liberty GT MY05 and XR6 Turbo

Postby leigh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 am

It seems my last problem was another injector. I have changed them one by one to see the result or each....changing cylinder 1 injector has cleared up the hesitation the car was experiencing on take off when the car was dead cold in the morning.

I have one injector left to change, hopefully that one wins me the lottery since all the others have done wonders.

Also had the car tuned by Matt from KiDo this morning. A top bloke and a professional at what he does. The car behaves much better now, gear changes are smooth and expected and the gearbox does what I want it to do when I ask it to do it. The idle is stable and smooth. The mid range is strong and the throttle response is more like a car with a throttle cable, there is no throttle lag anymore. Fuel economy is under 10l/100km whereas before I averaged 12.4l/100km!!! The tune will pay for itself in a very short time.

Finally a happy camper with this car!
leigh

Postby leigh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:57 am

Bummer.....that cylinder 1 injector I changes didn't fix the hesitation when cold. The tune has made it worse in fact as now when I take off there is a complete power cut of all power at low RPM (below 2500rpm). The day after the tune the car threw a code, CEL and cruise flashing. Car ran rough as while the CEL was on so I shutdown, waited for 10 seconds then turned back on and all was OK...hesitation was still there until it warmed up though. THe cruise light stayed on until I used the cruise control then it went away. But the good thing is that the car didn''t throw codes pre tune so if all is good this might locate my final problem with the car.

I read you can check your own codes by connecting a white plug near the fuse box and pressing the trip button on the odometer while the needles do a sweep of the gauge.
leigh

Postby Gunna » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:12 am

Hey Leigh,

Have you resolved all your problems yet?

I'm having exactly the same problems.
Gunna

Car: Liberty GT Premium MY05

Postby leigh » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:56 pm

Revisiting this thread after a long time, forgot I posted it actually until a Google search found this thread.

I found the air intake hose was shredded underneath. There is a massive hole in the system, I hope this is the extent of the problem. I used Carny Cleaner while the car was running and sprayed it around the intake and manifolds, sprayed it onto the turbo intake revs rose.

Now I have to change the intake pipe which looks like a bitch of a job thanks to the BOV return pipe forming a tee into the intake pipe under the intake manifold. Thanks Subaru.

Visiually looking at the pipe it looked fine, the tear was underneath, at some point in time someone had over tightened the hose clamp causing it to fail. I think a silicone intake is the only way to go here to avoid future problems.

Does anyone know which silicone intake fits a MY05 Liberty GT? Do I have to take the intake manifold off to get the pipe out?
leigh

Postby leigh » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:37 am

Does anyone have a standard intake pipe they want to get rid of?
leigh

Postby 04GTLIB » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Hey Leigh.

Looking into this myself at the moment.

Standard ones are available, do a search for the following part number (Subaru 14459AA320).

There are quite a few aftermarket options available, PSR, Kobemotorsport, AVO and Perrin to name a few.

I'm looking into an intake from a mob called Autobahn88, part number ASHK136-BK. It's made for the BP-BL 2.0ltr Liberty's, so you won't end up with a hybrid 2.0ltr/2.5ltr intake.

Hope the above info helps.

Cheers,
Rusty.
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby leigh » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:03 pm

That is a huge help thanks for that.
leigh

Postby JMlegacy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:32 am

leigh wrote:Revisiting this thread after a long time, forgot I posted it actually until a Google search found this thread.

I found the air intake hose was shredded underneath.

Say thanks to Kido_tuning. He called this one for you from way earlier..

Btw, what size are the stock injectors? I'm thinking of going back to them. I have yellow side feeds now, i used to have the blue ones
JDM LGT 2.0 Gutted
JMlegacy

Car: Legacy GT 2004

Postby leigh » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:16 am

KIDO_TUNING did call it early on for sure. The only problem being that there were three issues all at the same time so was hard to diagnose.

When he tuned the car for me I asked him about it but because the vacuum issue would go away when the car was warm there were no tell tale signs from his sensor readings.

I'm on the search through the wreckers to find a standard intake pipe. Looking at selling the car, have it advertised for a few days on Gumtree but no nibbles yet.
leigh

Postby leigh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Intake pipes are impossible to find at a wreckers. Went with Kobe Motorsport intake pipe and maf pipe for the same price as a genuine Subaru retail price.

If you want a genuine part All Drive Subaroo can get them from Japan for less than a dealership.
leigh

Previous

Return to 2.0T engine specific