Rough engine idle/surging.... FINALLY FIXED!!!

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

Rough engine idle/surging.... FINALLY FIXED!!!

Postby WhiteGTB » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:07 am

I think every car is different and every car has it's own demons... well mine was this bloody rough engine idle or engine surging as Subaru Australia called it. This may not be the fix for everyone's issue, but it did help mine.

After alot of googling, reading and searching I paid Paul Fisher @ Pulse Racing (Menai) a visit to see if he could look into my issue. Along with something else.. but that's another story :)

Previously I had been to Denlo Subaru 3 times to see if they could resolve this issue, but to no avail. Loose intercooler pipes, reflash the ECU, engine clean etc.. etc.. still couldn't fix the problem. I also clean the AFM with contact cleaner as suggested. These fixes did help, but the issue came back, that is not say it doesn't work at all, it just didn't work completely on my car.

So I went to see Paul and he hooked up his little computer and saw some readings... advised that he thinks the front O2 Sensor is probably playing up.

I replied "but Subaru advised that sensor is fine, no error codes when they checked"

Paul showed me the actual reading on his computer and it was flickering up and down during idle... "this was not normal, it should be steady until you give it abit of gas. Sometimes it may just be that it is not working 100% but still working and that's why Subaru didn't pick up on it..." So yeah I checked my car and for a full diagnostics....

Yesterday picked the car up, Paul advised it is now full fixed, guaranteed this problem will not come back. Front 02 Sensor was replaced with a new one.

All I can say SO FAR is that my GT is now purring the way it should be, but I'll report back in a weeks time just to make sure :) :) :) :) :)

What a relief SO FAR to say the least.....
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby EJ25 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 am

good to hear..
EJ25

Postby viriix » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:56 am

Sounds great Trieu.. no thrashing it ok? :p
Current: MY12 Tornado Red VW Golf GTI
Past: MY07 Pearl White Subaru Liberty GT-B | MY04 Arctic Blue Honda Accord Euro-L | MY2K Salsa Red Dodge Neon
viriix

Postby EJ25 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:01 pm

viriix wrote:Sounds great Trieu.. no thrashing it ok? :p

he has never thrashed his car in his whole life.. been babyd the whole time.. somewhere around 2% throttle..
EJ25

Postby Louey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:22 pm

Good stuff mate :)
[TEAM FUNERAL]
Louey

Postby Mo_GT » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:07 pm

Good to hear!

You should write to Subaru Australia and tell them that their dealers could not fix something that a 3rd party could.

You'll get a long winded reply with every excuse in the book, but atleast they'll know.
Never Argue With An Idiot... They'll Drag You Down To Their Level And Then Beat You With Experience.
Mo_GT

Car: GT Spec B

Return to 2.0T engine specific