04 GT Liberty Tune

Posts specific to the 2.0 litre Turbo engine

04 GT Liberty Tune

Postby Joey » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi guys,
Been on here for a while but havent posted much.
I bought a stock 04 GT auto in Jan from a doctor in Lismore, a dead stocker.
Today, I got a tune from Pulse racing and power went from 112 to 154.7kws and I also had an K&N air filter installed.
The car is much better to drive and now sounds like a turbo.
To be honest, I very seriously considering selling the car and buying an XR6 Turbo, due to the lack of low and mid range power to what Im used to.
But, now I will be keeping it, love the way it drives and sounds now.
I wont be doing any more mods to it, I'm happy and going to leave it.
Only bummer was that someone opened their car door on mine out the front!
Paul and the guys know their stuff, very happy and will go back again.
Joey

Car: 04 Liberty GT

Re: 04 GT Liberty Tune

Postby Kevlar GT » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:58 pm

I know where I will be heading around the middle of this year. Awesome figures.
Kevlar GT

Car: 04 GT Wagon

Postby easygt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:15 pm

great figures you got there being stock. I got avo pod, avo intake pipe , avo top mount, avo dump pipe and hitech mufflers installed and tune only manage 160kw at the wheels in 3rd gear. So I'm
quite surprise you manage that figure being stock. I believe the turbo is too small to produce any more power looking for option in terms of turbo upgrade.

cheers
ken
easygt

Car: liberty gt 04

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:53 am

easygt wrote:great figures you got there being stock. I got avo pod, avo intake pipe , avo top mount, avo dump pipe and hitech mufflers installed and tune only manage 160kw at the wheels in 3rd gear. So I'm
quite surprise you manage that figure being stock. I believe the turbo is too small to produce any more power looking for option in terms of turbo upgrade.

cheers
ken

They are pretty close to identical figures a mate got on his stocker 04, I'd like to get a dump pipe in place first but will see how finances go.
Kevlar GT

Postby easygt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 pm

I don't know if a dump pipe was worth the $1200 for me as even though a got 160kw. b4 the dump , top mont and sil intake I got 145kw.
But looking my dyno sheet the power curve looks pretty much identical below 6000 rpm b4 before and after. The extra 15 kw was
gain at the top end which I hardly use. I'm a little disappointed but I do notice an increase in torque which comes on nice and early. I think I wont get any more power no matter what I do to it as the turbo is quite small.

cheers
ken
easygt

Car: liberty gt 04

Postby Kevlar GT » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm

easygt wrote:I don't know if a dump pipe was worth the $1200 for me as even though a got 160kw. b4 the dump , top mont and sil intake I got 145kw.
But looking my dyno sheet the power curve looks pretty much identical below 6000 rpm b4 before and after. The extra 15 kw was
gain at the top end which I hardly use. I'm a little disappointed but I do notice an increase in torque which comes on nice and early. I think I wont get any more power no matter what I do to it as the turbo is quite small.

cheers
ken

Damn, there's food for thought.
Kevlar GT

Postby parso_rex » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:52 am

Two different dynos. There are huge variations between some of them.
Euro Remappers.www.recode.net.au
parso_rex

Car: Liberty GTspecB, 04STI, A3 1.8T

Postby Hotwire » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:56 am

parso_rex wrote:Two different dynos. There are huge variations between some of them.

Bit like your sig?
Euro Remaps.www.recode.net.au Latest Dyno Runs -->>HERE<<--363kWatw (440kW atw with NSW liberty shootout mode Bra)

:lol:
|MY04 Liberty GT Wagon - Premium| |Anti Lift Kit | 18% Tint | 18" Speedy Fin7 |Now the Wifes|
|MY09 MkV Volkswagen GTi| | DSG | Leather | Sunroof | 18% Tint | Mine! |
Hotwire

Car: MY04 GT Wagon Premium

Postby senator » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 pm

I see more bullshit figures, I also remember reading are post on here once claiming that are completely stock 08 tb sti achieved 198 kw atw…………

I see the Pulse Dyno is still spiting out big numbers……..
Not a soobi anymore, but still slightly dirty
"TEAM TONY"
senator

Postby Arith » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:49 pm

senator wrote:I see more bullshit figures, I also remember reading are post on here once claiming that are completely stock 08 tb sti achieved 198 kw atw…………

I see the Pulse Dyno is still spiting out big numbers……..

LOL! Tony! Be nice! :P

I guess you're skeptical because every few months we'll get new users who post up infomercials about Pulse and the large kw gains they got with a stock setup, and then disappear into the night never to be heard from again. I don't blame you. However there are ways to manipulate the numbers.

[ Former Liberty ... Slightly Modified -> Click
here for modifications & profile ]
Arith
-stickered-

Car: MY11 Volvo S60 T6

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Well that's an amazing increase in kw's for a 6 year old stocker I must say, what sort of improvement in torque figure did you get with this tune?
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Postby Kevlar GT » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:33 pm

It's the old damned if you do and damned if you don't. I mean, sure I only have a 4" pecker - but some girls like that circumference. :P :lol:
Kevlar GT

Postby 04GTLIB » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Kevlar GT wrote:It's the old damned if you do and damned if you don't. I mean, sure I only have a 4" pecker - but some girls like that circumference. :P :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
19" Koya wheels - STI front lip - STI Scuff Plates - STI Shift Knob - STI Pedal Set - Blitz A/C filter - Battery and ABS covers - Hyperflow TMIC - Auto Meter boost gauge and fabricated pod - EXOTIC EXHAUST ceramic coated dump pipe, hi flow cat, 3" centre pipe and fabricated rear mufflers - BC Racing Coil Overs - Phat lower control arm bushes - Whiteline rear camber bushes - Rallitek end links - Valenti LED tail lights - DBA Slotted rotors - QFM pads - Goodridge Brake Lines.
Coming soon - Spec B front - Kinugawa turbo upgrade
04GTLIB

Car: MY04 GT Liberty Wagon

Postby Joey » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:36 pm

GTSPECB STI wrote:Well that's an amazing increase in kw's for a 6 year old stocker I must say, what sort of improvement in torque figure did you get with this tune?

Not sure mate, was a bit, when I go to work ill scan the readout and post it up.

I know that some are saying that the figures might be wrong, or adventureous, but im happy with the car, especially as I was unhappy with it and thinking about selling the car.
Joey

Car: 04 Liberty GT

Postby GTSPECB STI » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:59 pm

then thats all that matters
MY10 Forester XTP
GTSPECB STI
-stickered-

Next

Return to 2.0T engine specific