H6 AVCS

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: H6 AVCS

Postby Spec B Wgn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:04 pm

i know when my 3.0 was tuned they played around with the AVCS .

they were using a state of the art" dyno and the latest 5 gas and IM240 equipment.
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby west_minist » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:43 pm

There have too. It seems so far beside DBW, there no other gains if you have standard pump gas. But I will see as new spark plugs have gone in. Major gains I can see is on AVCS. If we had better gas, sure more timing will work, but these car just barely work on the gas you use. lol. Either way, I cannot wait to see the gains from it.

What is your final dyno power?

Research and development on a dyno is nice and achieve repeatable results are good. Other than that, I prefer road tuning. Here in the Caribbean, many of my customer record low power on dyno's in respect to other models, that I can say are dyno tuned. But on the road, these same cars does not perform at the level to really beat the cars I tune.
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Postby Spec B Wgn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:05 pm

126kws out of the 5AT.. on 98 ron

its the wifes cars and she loves it... in sports # mode it goes quite well

I drive a 215 kw 04 STI but enjoy the wagon at times for something different

Spec B Wgn

Postby west_minist » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Is that the 2.5 sti?

I like them, but prefer the 2.0. I tuned one 2.5 and like the tq.
west_minist

Postby Spec B Wgn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:32 pm

west_minist wrote:Is that the 2.5 sti?

I like them, but prefer the 2.0. I tuned one 2.5 and like the tq.

no buddy its the 2.0 with all the good internals ... forgies etc
Spec B Wgn

Postby parso_rex » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:36 pm

our gas is equivalent to your 95 rated stuff. I'm not sure if the H6 needs 98 (your 95) or if it can just run on 95 (your 92). If it is 95 then technically theres a couple of degrees to play with....well in theory LOL
If you look at the timing and whats happening during a dyno run its seems to me that they are running them very close to the limit. In the case of the 2.0L LGTs I'd even say past it :).

I'll do some guess work......for the AVCS I guess a lot will depend on what maps it using at the time but the B map looks pretty good as it is. A guess ?? Hmm maybe a tidyup round the mid load section and play with some higher values.
I never got to play with the CLOL transitions either which could have been the reason for thinking the ignition advance was too great - Like you see on the 2L LGTs'

Thats the end of my guess anyway
Euro Remappers.www.recode.net.au
parso_rex

Car: Liberty GTspecB, 04STI, A3 1.8T

Postby west_minist » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:00 am

Will see what avcs gains will be. Will not know until I start.

So far, the tuning of the H6 seem kinda tops for power. Response can be gain in the lower rpm and DBW. After that, its now all in mods and avcs. I guess like any NA.
west_minist

Postby Spec B Wgn » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:06 pm

west_minist wrote:Will see what avcs gains will be. Will not know until I start.

So far, the tuning of the H6 seem kinda tops for power. Response can be gain in the lower rpm and DBW. After that, its now all in mods and avcs. I guess like any NA.

definately mid range rather then top end power.
Spec B Wgn

Postby west_minist » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:47 pm

So far environmental conditions has change a bit. Its colder, which has skewed data a bit. Will see how it goes over a period of time.
west_minist

Postby west_minist » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 pm

So far, results of tuning have prove inconclusive and its difficult to stay on the ADM model after the mods, it has increase power.

The changes to the drive by wire has made the car responsive and the tuning of the car for the gas it run on has made it consistent.

Over the next few days, we will see how she settles on the rom she is on now.
west_minist

Postby parso_rex » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:51 pm

how did you go with AVCS mods ?
Power wise I know the H6's are pretty good. I've run this car on the dyno and my own MY08 LGT Spec B both with 6MT and they are almost identical in power output. The H6 I think was 128kW atw V's the LGT being 125kW atw but the H6 has its torque spread very evenly by comparison unlike the peak of the LGT. Its nice to drive.
This is in stock form of course and with the usual remaps to the LGT its a different story but stock for stock the H6 is pretty good
Euro Remappers.www.recode.net.au
parso_rex

Car: Liberty GTspecB, 04STI, A3 1.8T

Postby west_minist » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:14 pm

parso_rex wrote:how did you go with AVCS mods ?
Power wise I know the H6's are pretty good. I've run this car on the dyno and my own MY08 LGT Spec B both with 6MT and they are almost identical in power output. The H6 I think was 128kW atw V's the LGT being 125kW atw but the H6 has its torque spread very evenly by comparison unlike the peak of the LGT. Its nice to drive.
This is in stock form of course and with the usual remaps to the LGT its a different story but stock for stock the H6 is pretty good

First I stablised the tuning and then proceed to spread AVCS throughout the map, while looking for log gains and customer feedback. There is further testing I can do, but the testee have report unsafe testing conditions and potential legal road issues :)

Hence my statement of reduce. In my AVCS testing, I would provide multiple roms with different AVCS and then pull that data together. I cannot do it right now as environmental conditions are changing so rapidly from 20C all the way to 40C, making data interpretation difficult.

I do know that the 2006/2007 DBW on these models before Wide Open Throttle needs working more compare to the previous year.

In my opinion, tuning the car on the gas is a must, since it brings consistencies in the car on the fuel.
west_minist

Previous

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific