3.0RB Tuning Sydney/NSW

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

3.0RB Tuning Sydney/NSW

Postby BlackFlatSix05 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:15 am

I've read many posts on here regarding the Vin Tune which our fellow 3.0RB brothers and sisters have available to them in Melbourne and how we wish it were available to others in other states.

The following ecu's are now able to be tuned with Romraider/Ecuflash/Openecu:

Liberty 3.0R
04 D2WD610H (MT)*
05 D2WD603H (MT)*
06 D0XJ001M (MT)*, D0XJ001T (AT)*
07 D2UH001M (MT)*

Some time ago now I emailed Paul at Pulse Racing and enquired about having my car tuned this way with him and was quoted $1100, the same amount he charges for a turbo or forced induction tune.

I appreciate dyno time costs money but having owned a Wrx and tuned it with Romraider there is no way it would take as much time to tune a N/A vehicle.

What I am suggesting is those of you who would be interested in having your car tuned without the use of a piggyback (Haltech) with Pulse or any other tuner is to make some noise to them regarding the Vin Tune and the associated price of $300 and see if we can get some tuners on board in other states. Email Pulse Racing at info@pulseracing.com.au surely if there is enough interest then something might happen.

David.
04 MY05 Obsidian Black 3.0R Spec B Sedan 6MT. Hi Tech Quads, HKS Panel Filter.
Viciously Tuned By Xtreme Racing Tuning, Barbados.
BlackFlatSix05

Car: MY05 3.0 Spec B

Re: 3.0RB Tuning Sydney/NSW

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:54 am

Hi David well done. I feel the same way. I have also rung and spoken to Paul from Pulse and was told the same thing. However, they also mentioned that they were decoding the mapping and getting all the data, if that makes any sense. But you are right, if you create enough noise, he might reconsider. If you hear anything, keep me in the loop. :D

Cheers George :)
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Re: 3.0RB Tuning Sydney/NSW

Postby Lib 3.0LR » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Email sent :wink:
Silver wagon MY06 3.0LR/18' STI Enkei rims/STI front lip/STI pedels/STI mufflers/STI flexible bar/HKS panel air filter/Clarion CeNET iPod interface EA1251 /HID lights-fogs 6000k/Led parkers/Bilstien- Eibach springs / Corazon Grill /Brembo's-Dixel pads/goodride-brakelines./Cusco: BRAKE CYLINDER STOPPER /.Valenti Japan LED Tail Light/In Car PC,JDM Front Bar /KiDo Tune more TBA ?[size=85]
Lib 3.0LR

Car: MY06 LIBERTY 3.0LR WAGON.

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific