Is this a real 3.0R Spec B?

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: Is this a real 3.0R Spec B?

Postby CreeR2 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 am

The seller just rang me up and said he was having trouble finding the engine no.

You guys able to help out and tell me where he can locate it? Thanks in advance
CreeR2

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby Ric » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:11 am

The information plate I posted above is in the engine bay, on the passenger side suspension tower, just behind the battery and fusebox.
(location 3 on this diagram)
location.gif
location.gif (9.62 KiB) Viewed 5299 times

That is just the engine TYPE, which is all you need.
(The engine number is on the engine, which is visible but hard to describe where to look.)

You can get all this from the VIN number too, which is on the rego sticker.
If the sixth character of the VIN number is an "E", you know it's a 3 litre.
If the eighth character is an N, you know it's a 6 speed manual, which means it must be a Spec-B.

My wagon's VIN starts with JF1BPEKN36G
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby CreeR2 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks a lot for the info Ric, that's real imformative.

I just rang up Subaru and they confirmed that what he supplied me was the correct engine no.

The engine no. Is u follwed by 6 numbers. The Subaru guy said that all the new engine numbers are like this now, and only the older cars have the engine code there.
CreeR2

Postby Posseltperformance » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:10 pm

It is a great car mate you won't be upset I picked up the same model a couple of months ago and it kicks along nicely my only complaint is that the gear changes are very slow on down shifts in the auto. other than that great car!
2006 (pre-face lift) Atlantic Blue 3.0R Spec B + BajaDesigns Fuego driving lights
Posseltperformance

Car: 2006 Liberty Wagon 3.0RB

Postby CreeR2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:52 pm

I just picked up the Liberty & loving it! Thanks to everyone for their help!

I'll post some pics up soon...

Now all I need is a nice set of rims. I love the STi ones but damn they are expensive. Anyone got some recommendations? The colour is a cross between light blue & grey.... dunno whether to get a light or dark set of rims.
CreeR2

Postby Sentinel » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:29 pm

Well done mate! Bet you can't wipe that smile for a while! :good:

As for wheels, there's a few. Take a look in the photo's section and see what grabs you.
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby hin249 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:24 am

CreeR2 wrote:I just picked up the Liberty & loving it! Thanks to everyone for their help!

I'll post some pics up soon...

Now all I need is a nice set of rims. I love the STi ones but damn they are expensive. Anyone got some recommendations? The colour is a cross between light blue & grey.... dunno whether to get a light or dark set of rims.

Hi CreeR2, nice to see you join the big family here!! there is a option for you!!
http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=19 <-----this is the style page only, not the seller from OZ
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_c ... rt_no=1478 <-----this is the NSW seller!!
which is asking $1400 with tyres and few color choices!!! this seller is in SYD!! it wouldnt upset you!! enjoy~~~!!

and some more choices from this seller -- http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_i ... e=Packages
Cheers!!
MY08 6MT TBSTI WAGON (Team White) #191
MY07 5MT 2.5i WAGON (Team White)
MY06 6MT 3.0RB SEDAN (Team Silver)
hin249

Car: MY08 6MT TBSTI #191 White Wagon

Postby smythie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:28 am

for other options, have a look at JimmyS's The Gen 4 Liberty Wheels Thread! thread in the suspension, brakes, wheels and tyres forum :wink:

Personally, I'd steer clear of wheel tyre packages. A half decent set of 4 tyres will likely set you back a grand and that's without wheels. I don't mean to offend Hin, but at $225 a rim, a $1400 wheel/tyre package means you are getting tyres worth no more than $100 each (assuming they're giving you some sort of discount on the package). Those tyres will likely be old, old stock that hasn't moved in years (I bet those cheapies will be closer to 4 years old). Better getting some rubber a bit less than 2 years old for your own safety
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby CreeR2 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:33 pm

I have used rota wheels before & I reckon they're great, no problems yet...

Those Rota GR-A's look awesome! Wonder where I can pick them up from??
CreeR2

Postby hin249 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:21 am

smythie wrote:for other options, have a look at JimmyS's The Gen 4 Liberty Wheels Thread! thread in the suspension, brakes, wheels and tyres forum :wink:

Personally, I'd steer clear of wheel tyre packages. A half decent set of 4 tyres will likely set you back a grand and that's without wheels. I don't mean to offend Hin, but at $225 a rim, a $1400 wheel/tyre package means you are getting tyres worth no more than $100 each (assuming they're giving you some sort of discount on the package). Those tyres will likely be old, old stock that hasn't moved in years (I bet those cheapies will be closer to 4 years old). Better getting some rubber a bit less than 2 years old for your own safety

Totally agree with you!! Julz just bought a set from them, with a set of new Kumho tyres on. but i am not sure the age of the tyres!! this is the main problem hv to be concerned!! B4 he bought those package, we hv asked Jim's opinion, bcoz he is living close to this supplier, and Jim said they r trustworthy and can go for it, so he bought a set.
MY08 6MT TBSTI WAGON (Team White) #191
MY07 5MT 2.5i WAGON (Team White)
MY06 6MT 3.0RB SEDAN (Team Silver)
hin249

Car: MY08 6MT TBSTI #191 White Wagon

Postby smythie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:44 pm

If the deal was good enough on the wheels, it probably doesn't matter all that much if the tyres were shite though in the grand scheme of things. Sure, it hurts your wallet in the short term but you wouldn't be getting good tyres for very cheap prices from anyone.
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby lcn » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:15 pm

No way to tell the differencde from behind between a 2.5, 3.0R, 3.0RB or GT.

Actually, I've noticed on different wagon variants, the positioning of the etched glass "Symmetrical All Wheel Drive" is different. Mine is MY06 3.0R spec B wagon...
On 3.0R spec B, the etch is on both rear sides of the wagon. on other models, I've seen it only on the rear facing door glass.
It seems like a trivial distinction to make, and could easily be mixed if the glass is replaced - but there it is!
lcn

Car: MY06 Liberty 3.0R Spec.B Wagon

Postby BigBCalais » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:51 pm

Nice 7 year thread revival mate haha
dr20t wrote:Simple rule. If you act like a dick then you deserved to get dicked

06 Blitzen 6mt
'Lightly' modified: Eyelids, HIDs, Outback bonnet, 2 1/4" Exhaust with HiTech mufflers, Lip spoiler, E̶n̶k̶e̶i̶ ̶T̶6̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶x̶8̶.̶5̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶, Rays 57Valkyrie 18x8.5, Sti Pink Springs, Kido tune, Brembos
BigBCalais

Car: Black 06 Blitzen 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26522

Previous

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific