Postby tenrat » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 pm

Anyone got any ideas to make my 3.0 sound a bit meaner? pm me please
Sti Front Lip | Enkei | Sti Mufflers
tenrat

Car: My05 3.0Spec.B

Re: Exhaust for my 3.0

Postby Ric » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Why PM?
Forums work much better when everyone can see the suggestions.
Ric
Site Admin

Car: OLD: MY06 3RB Wagon NEW: MY21 Outbck
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

Postby THERB3 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm

I agree use the forum.

I have Hitechs and I want a little more noise.
MY05 Subaru Liberty Wagon 3.0RB Silver 6MT

Modifications:
19" Rays/Volk GT30 Wheels :: Hi Tech Mufflers :: HKS Panel Filter :: STi Front Lip :: 6000K HID Driving/Fog Lights :: LED Parkers/Licence/Map/Dome :: Brembo Package :: V-Tune :: Tein Flex Coilovers & EDFC Controller :: HKC Carbon Bonnet Scoop :: Hanabi Smoked LED Rear Tail Lights :: Eyelids :: Goodridge Braided Lines :: JDM Front Bar :: Corazon Grille :: Pioneer AVH-X8650BT / Alpine PDX5 Amp

Current Plans:
Whiteline SwayBars ::
THERB3
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Subaru Liberty 3.0RB Wagon

Postby Sentinel » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 pm

One word - PHAT's!

Lok / Hin - you got them didn't you? Wanna post your thoughts for tenrat?

See here for the mild steel version -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5327
Memoirs of Sentinel:
GT-B | Black | Wagon | Manual | Brembo's | 19"x8 Blaque Diamond Wheels | Tein C/O's w EDFC | Custom Interior | PHAT Zorst | WL Sways | STi Stuff...
Sentinel
-stickered-

Postby Woodduck » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:30 am

Mate iv got Phats mufflers on my 3.0R B and they sound unreal! When idling, outside its a deep purr, on the inside you dont really notice it. When driving, it also gives off a deep pur, and when you give it a squirt it gets quite loud, but NEVER tinny or ricey. Its a very classy note to suit the car, and gives a growl when you get above 4-5rpm just to let everyone know that contrary to what they may think, 3.0R B is far from a grandpa car . And i can GUARANTEE (i will personally give you your money back :shock: ) that there is no droning in the cabin :D Yep yep, Thumbs up for Phats :wink:
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby loweart » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:34 am

Sentinel wrote:One word - PHAT's!

Lok / Hin - you got them didn't you? Wanna post your thoughts for tenrat?

CAN'T go wrong with the PHAT Quad Tip Exhausts - VROOOOOOM !

In the flesh

FAST cars and slow women

Silver MY03 Subaru Impreza RS
HKS Panel Filter | Clarion NX502a | Kenwood XR-4S multi channel D class amp | Morel & Eclipse speakers | Yokohama C Drive
loweart
-stickered-

Car: MY03 Impreza RS ( Team Silver )

Postby Ric » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:40 am

Woodduck wrote:Mate iv got Phats mufflers on my 3.0R B and they sound unreal! When idling, outside its a deep purr, on the inside you dont really notice it. When driving, it also gives off a deep pur, and when you give it a squirt it gets quite loud, but NEVER tinny or ricey. Its a very classy note to suit the car, and gives a growl when you get above 4-5rpm just to let everyone know that contrary to what they may think, 3.0R B is far from a grandpa car . And i can GUARANTEE (i will personally give you your money back :shock: ) that there is no droning in the cabin :D Yep yep, Thumbs up for Phats :wink:

I'd be curious to hear that. Any plans to visit Melbourne this year? :)
Otherwise I'm probably passing through Mildura en-route to Broken Hill in late October or early November.
Ric
Site Admin

Postby smythie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:23 am

I'll be down there for the MotoGP, probably staying in Frankston so meeting up anywhere in Melbourne won't be a problem
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby loweart » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Woodduck wrote:Mate iv got Phats mufflers on my 3.0R B and they sound unreal! When idling, outside its a deep purr, on the inside you dont really notice it. When driving, it also gives off a deep pur, and when you give it a squirt it gets quite loud, but NEVER tinny or ricey. Its a very classy note to suit the car, and gives a growl when you get above 4-5rpm just to let everyone know that contrary to what they may think, 3.0R B is far from a grandpa car . And i can GUARANTEE (i will personally give you your money back :shock: ) that there is no droning in the cabin :D Yep yep, Thumbs up for Phats :wink:

+1 Totally agree with these comments !
FAST cars and slow women

HKS Panel Filter | Clarion NX502a | Kenwood XR-4S multi channel D class amp | Morel & Eclipse speakers | Yokohama C Drive
loweart
-stickered-

Postby tenrat » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:42 pm

sorry im new to this haha, whats phats is that a person or brand, and have you put a ful exhaust on your to make it sound nice or just a set of quad tips?
tenrat

Postby Ric » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 pm

tenrat wrote:whats phats is that a person or brand,

He is a Sydney based member here, who runs a business importing car parts. Have a look at viewforum.php?f=38
Particularly:
Phat Performance Products - Quad Tip Mufflers
Phat Quad Tip Mufflers In Mild Steel

and have you put a ful exhaust on your to make it sound nice or just a set of quad tips?

I'm not sure who this question is aimed at. I just have the original factory exhaust on mine.
Ric
Site Admin

Postby tenrat » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:26 pm

thankyou alot for that link i sent him an email, fingers crossed i can get a set of these very unique looking mufflers :)
tenrat

Postby loweart » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:41 pm

Hope you manage to a pair of the PHAT Quad Tip Mufflers, they really give the H6 a sweet exhaust note, but most important of all is that they DON'T create any cabin drone and they are easy to fit !
FAST cars and slow women

loweart
-stickered-

Postby Woodduck » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:27 pm

Ric wrote:

I'd be curious to hear that. Any plans to visit Melbourne this year? :)
Otherwise I'm probably passing through Mildura en-route to Broken Hill in late October or early November.

Ill be down there either the last weekend of august, or sometime in september :D Ill let you know when iv got accommodation booked and stuff and you can hear the beast :lol: Thats if Smythie hasnt already been..not too sure when the MotoGP is?
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby smythie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:04 am

MotoGP is mid October
Flag Bitch

MY06 3.0RB
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Next

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific