injectors

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

injectors

Postby Blaeven » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:33 am

Hai all...

I'm running an ez30r in my gen2 liberty

it's got a few mods including aftermarket management (vipec v88), meaning i can plug a laptop in and monitor my engine

recently, i decided to do just that, and noticed that my injectors are running up past 90% duty cycle when i rev up towards 7000rpm... this isn't good, as injectors shouldn't run over 85%, and it is probably why my car doesn't rev to 7500 (despite the tuner imposed 7000rpm rev limiter) and the lack of top end power...

as such, i'm looking to change my injectors, because the 280cc ones aren't coping with the extra power my engine is making... and i think it would make more top end power, and rev higher, with the bigger injectors... (seen as it has tuned length headers, a full exhaust, lighter (gen3 RX, came with the gearbox i bought) flywheel and a CAI, there is no reason for the power to taper off at the top end)

further, i plan on either boosting it, or going a little more serious with the NA mods, and either direction will require more fuel...

so, does anyone know what injectors fit on the ez30r??
Blaeven

Re: injectors

Postby coyote » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Is it actually leaning out, or can you still add more fuel?

If they are only just over 90% at 7000rpm, changing them would be a waste of time, money and tuning.

Leave it until you go forced induction.

** Team Tony **
coyote

Postby Blaeven » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:43 am

i'll check if it's leaning out... but either way, it's going for a retune soon anyway, so i figure it would be a good time to change them..

but the point here is, they shouldn't run over 85%, they'll burn out otherwise... and they're hitting 90% before 7k... i want to get it to run past 7500, which is factory for these motors...
Blaeven

Postby adhar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:36 pm

What do you want it to go to 7.5 for? You obviously seem pretty clued onto the tuning side of things, so how much extra power do you expect to get with the extra 500 revs?

Personally i'd be focusing on getting more torque out of this engine, and using the low down ability of the H6. This will result in a faster car, not making it scream for a little bit longer. Just a thought. :)
adhar
-stickered-

Car: VE SS-V

Postby vaccine » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:24 am

lol.. use some 380's or 440's from the my01 imprezza onwards if you need injectors. top feed.
or you could use some STi pink which will allow you to get 375kw b4 they max out. :lol:
just because the ecu says the injectors are at high duty doesnt mean the are maxed.
when you try to richen the mix up in the topend and it doesnt, then you know your out of injectors.
personally i would bother changing them unless you are putting a turbo on the motor.
.. Dave
vaccine

Car: MY05 3RB

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific