Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Postby drndrn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Got a contact number for Vin? Wonder what he could do with a measely 2.5i
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby Spec B Wgn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:44 pm

drndrn wrote:Got a contact number for Vin? Wonder what he could do with a measely 2.5i

save your cash....honestly it wouldnt be worth it
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby at last! » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:06 pm

Sentinel wrote: Now you just need the wheels to finish it off!! HAHA!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rude, just rude :(

Woring on the wifey now...

Andrew
MY07 3.0R Auto
Reversing camera, "road kill" sound deadener in all doors and parcel shelf. Whiteline sway bars (front and rear).
Dyno Tune by Vin @ Docklands STi +10-12KW and much better response. Got a 3.0R? Do it now.
at last!

Postby drndrn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Well what's the harm in asking?

Realistically speaking, we all know gains aren't going to be massive on such a small engine. But in terms of cost, netting a few kw's not to mention better drivability and economy through a tune is still better than any CAI or exhaust could probably do with esp at that price.
Diamond Grey 2.5i Heritage
drndrn
-stickered-

Car: MY08 Subaru Liberty

Postby at last! » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:35 pm

at last! wrote:Woring on the wifey now...

Ahem, that was of course supposed to be "Working on the wife now..."
, hmm, does not actually sound any better...guess I'll just shut up now.

drndrn, I say go for it. What the heck, give him a call and see what he says. If it's only 300, then just do it.

Unless you can find someone else who has done it and knows for certain the outcome, best to just have a go and see for yourself.

I am honestly amazed (and apalled at the same time) that there is another 10% Kw in this car just from a decent tune. That is unheard of in my world of bikes. If you could take a bike and for $300 give it a powerup (and better response) of 10% for just $300, everyone would be on a dyno tomorrow! It cost me a mint to get that from my bikes...new pipes, airbox, Power Commander etc. and significantly more dyno time....and definitely not from my factory dealer!

Amazing...simply amazing.

So, my advice, call Vince tomorrow and book her in and see what the 2.5 can do....then come back and tell us all!

Andrew
MY07 3.0R Auto
Reversing camera, "road kill" sound deadener in all doors and parcel shelf. Whiteline sway bars (front and rear).
Dyno Tune by Vin @ Docklands STi +10-12KW and much better response. Got a 3.0R? Do it now.
at last!

Postby stevey » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:23 pm

nice results! im booking mine in! :)
stevey

Previous

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific