149kw ATW 3RB!!!!

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Postby Spec B Wgn » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:13 am

well done mate..a good result.
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby thezone » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:34 am

It's as quiet as a mouse when idling and off throttle even at 100-110km/h. Under load it sounds like a nascar! I can't wipe the smile off my face. :D Not sure about torque graphs. I'll see what i can get from S&J. Rev limit has increased by 100rpm. It is now pulling all the way to redline with a sound that is to behold.

Stay tuned for next mods: Sti springs, sti short shift linkages, rear sway bar.

I have uploaded more pics of underneath. Will try to get one of the headers as well.

http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/thezone525/
MY08 3rb 6sp man | Black | Sat nav | Sti grille | Sti Springs | Sti Short Shift | Custom headers | Magnaflow exhaust with quad tips | Ecutek type 4 | Whiteline Sway
thezone

Postby WhiteGTB » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:55 am

STi springs IMO are great, I like the ride. Coupled with the bilstein's I think it's worthwhile.

The rear sway is a must :)

Let us know once you install the short shift, I'd be interested to see what the difference is like.
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby Spec B Wgn » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:30 am

Unblvable..

Paul..you drove past me this morning on Glen Osmond Rd...

i was walking and i saw you coming towards me ....

first thing i saw was this spec B grill and i thought nice lib then i turned as went by and saw the exhaust tips and i thought ...

Fuk....nice car.. then i recognised the plates in the photos..

snap..
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby thezone » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:42 am

well Adelaide is small isnt it?
MY08 3rb 6sp man | Black | Sat nav | Sti grille | Sti Springs | Sti Short Shift | Custom headers | Magnaflow exhaust with quad tips | Ecutek type 4 | Whiteline Sway
thezone

BEFORE AND AFTER DYNO PLUS MORE MODS

Postby thezone » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:38 pm

Just got the final before and after dynos. Shows the increase from standard + 22kw at the wheels. But its the way it drives now that sets it apart. Torque has increased aswell despite some doubts this would be the case. Sean from S&J hooked up his magic laptop and refined the drive the way i really wanted it. It feels much quicker than 22kw believe me. This thing is a f*&king beast now. I just had sti springs, sti short shift linkages and a whiteline rear sway bar installed. Holy crap. This car is freakin perfect. Better than an sti imo. (cept for brakes maybe ill concede this point) The h6 pulls away instantly at any point in the rev range now, in any gear, with no lag and just pulls like a bitch to redline with a porsche-like sound. As soon as you hit the clutch the revs die instantly, no throttle blip. You can not beat this linearity of acceleration, it's subline. All you h6's out there, you gotta do this asap. I might start a new thread just to summarise these mods. but right now i think i might just go for another drive!!!!!

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/thezone525/30LSIDRIVE-OLAYa.jpg

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/thezone525/30LSIDRIVEa.jpg
Last edited by thezone on Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thezone

Postby WhiteGTB » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:29 pm

Farrrrrrk, sounds like your H6 is off the scales!

Great results from the looks of it. Yes please post another thread like you said.

I couldn't agree more with you on all the points of the 3L engine, it truly is an awesome drive :) Brakes, well, I've upgraded to Brembo's and lovin' it!

My next mod will surely be a tune after seeing your results mate, damn... if only you were in Sydney!
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Previous

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific