Suitable turbo for the h6

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Suitable turbo for the h6

Postby ahrexwagon » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Looking at turbo options for a H6

The engine is out of a 2002 outback which is being run with a dual range 5 speed box

I am not chasing huge power, and I understand that the stock engine can’t really handle more than say 12-14psi

Wondering what turbo would be suitable for say 230/250awkw

Would a td05 get me there as these are relatively cheap and easy to come by and I understand that these are the factory wrx/sti turbos on the mAnual versions post 2000?

Any advice would be good, also on this topic if any one can suggest and suitable Fmic kits that might be suitable for the gen 3 body/engine bay with a H6 to save on custom fab piping where I can

Headers and dump are going to be custom fab
The Weekend car: 2002 BH Liberty Wagon, 5mt, blown ej25, currently doing H6 conversion
The Donor car; 2003 Outback ez30 H6 auto
The Daily/Camping Car: 2012 Isuzu Dmax Dual Cab SX 4x4 auto
ahrexwagon

Car: 2002 BH Liberty Wagon ez30 - 5mt

Re: Suitable turbo for the h6

Postby dan_ashcroft » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:30 pm

ahrexwagon wrote:Looking at turbo options for a H6

The engine is out of a 2002 outback which is being run with a dual range 5 speed box

I am not chasing huge power, and I understand that the stock engine can’t really handle more than say 12-14psi

Wondering what turbo would be suitable for say 230/250awkw

Would a td05 get me there as these are relatively cheap and easy to come by and I understand that these are the factory wrx/sti turbos on the mAnual versions post 2000?

Any advice would be good, also on this topic if any one can suggest and suitable Fmic kits that might be suitable for the gen 3 body/engine bay with a H6 to save on custom fab piping where I can

Headers and dump are going to be custom fab

There is a very nice thread here by Vaccine (I think?) that details his H6 turbo install and set up, have a look there first.
dan_ashcroft

Car: MY06 3.0R-B on E85

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific