3.0-H6 Spec.B Wheels spinning...

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

3.0-H6 Spec.B Wheels spinning...

Postby Codski » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:04 am

Hi, First time posting... So I recently got my liberty back after loaning it to a friend for a month and when I went to take off as usual, the car started to shudder and the revs soared almost hitting the limiter. First thought was clutch is slipping but after doing a few pulls in 3rd and 4th, everything seems fine. but every time I try and take off from the lights, it feels and sounds like I am spinning the wheels - its not a little wheel spin either, i'm talking CBR1000RR with bald tyers in the wet level skids. I know the roads near my house and how much gas I can give and the car feels like it has gained a ton of power and feels super understeery. Mate is not a car guy by any means and my first thought was he had done some work to it haha. So my understanding is that subies loose a fair bit of power due to the AWD system, could it be that my driveshaft is fucked and it is sending 100% of the power to just the front wheels? Or could this be an ECU issue - Friend said he tried to jump start someone car and then the lights and dash stopped working for a few hours...

Has anyone had a similar issue or have some advice?
Codski

Car: 2005 Spec.B Liberty Wagon

Re: 3.0-H6 Spec.B Wheels spinning...

Postby Tonic » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:42 am

Dash stops working for a while is usually the ignition key not in far enough.

Shudder sounds like clutch though - viscous coupling clicks like a cv joint going when hard turned and it feels like it is jumping/skipping.

Dunno really just thoughts to consider. Except key thingy.
Tonic

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0RB now 09 facelift

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific