Performance Mods for a 3RB

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Postby AndySTi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:42 pm

Trieu wrote:Can you imagine how much powa that would be

Sorry to barge in like this but with your current setup what type of power gains would you expect, with the addition of the supercharger kit?
AndySTi

Car: MY07 LGT TB STI

Postby Spec B Wgn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:20 am

AndySTi wrote:
Trieu wrote:Can you imagine how much powa that would be

Sorry to barge in like this but with your current setup what type of power gains would you expect, with the addition of the supercharger kit?

approx an extra 50 kws i would estimate
This cowboy walks in to a German car showroom and he says 'Audi!'
Spec B Wgn

Postby Spec B Wgn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:24 am

Trieu wrote:
Spec B Wgn wrote:i had the over hang tuned out..

Umm I'm not sure what this is bud, more info? What is thottle surge?

especially in the auto dont know about the manual but sometimes after lifting off the throttle you still have this revving happening temporarily (1 sec max) instead of dying..

really annoying when your trying to slow down for example and the thing is still hanging on from when you lift off the gas.
Spec B Wgn

Postby smythie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:50 am

now that you mention it, I do remember experiencing that in an Outback hire car a while ago. Had to use the brake where I usually would have let the engine do the work in any other car. Doesn't seem to be a hassle with the RB manual though
smythie

Car: MY06 3RB - Blue

Postby WhiteGTB » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:15 am

Spec B Wgn wrote:especially in the auto dont know about the manual but sometimes after lifting off the throttle you still have this revving happening temporarily (1 sec max) instead of dying..

really annoying when your trying to slow down for example and the thing is still hanging on from when you lift off the gas.

Ahh got it, thanks :)
WhiteGTB

Car: MY07 Legacy GT Spec B 6pd

Postby deucer » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:11 pm

smythie wrote:now that you mention it, I do remember experiencing that in an Outback hire car a while ago. Had to use the brake where I usually would have let the engine do the work in any other car. Doesn't seem to be a hassle with the RB manual though

Yeah I can't say I've expereinced it in the RB manual. Change down through the gears all the time.

Cheers,
Deucer.
Ex MY05 3.0R-B Wagon... But Still in the Blood.
deucer

Re:

Postby 06 blitzen » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Resonate wrote:Sooner or later someone has to order that supercharger kit off phat.

I know your not interested but... DOO IT Trieu! :good:

whats he asking for it?

i love charged engine sound, and bought the 3.0 cos i didnt want the turbo....i knew joining a forum would cost me money.

before joining this forum i did some searching for mods for the libs and found nothing....left me satisfied as i could save my money now all i want to do is make a beast out of my lib, as whilst there isnt too much available for the 3.0 there is more than enough to keep me looking towards my next pay
2006 Liberty BLITZEN
Twin Stainless Exhaust, HKS Panel Filter, RREV S Type Spoiler, Eyelids, Outback Bonnet, HID's
06 blitzen

Car: 06 blitzen

Re: Performance Mods for a 3RB

Postby Woodduck » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Ohhhhhh...Can Phat REALLY get these? Im also very interested!!!!
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby BlackFlatSix05 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:26 pm

These guys could easily produce a supercharger kit for the 3rb. Someone with the funds should give them a call. http://www.raptorsc.com.au/

They already do a kit for N/A 2.5 Impreza's. Hell, we don't even need the Haltech they supply in the kit because someone has already gone to the trouble of tuning their OEM ecu :D
04 MY05 Obsidian Black 3.0R Spec B Sedan 6MT. Hi Tech Quads, HKS Panel Filter.
Viciously Tuned By Xtreme Racing Tuning, Barbados.
BlackFlatSix05

Car: MY05 3.0 Spec B

Postby Woodduck » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:38 am

Ohhh that does look tempting. VERY tempting. They dont have an email address though? :(

In all seriousness though, what ballpark figure should we expect price wise? <$5K? $5k+? I have absolutely no idea in the world about this kind of thing!

Would a supercharger be a more cost effective option than turbo?
'06 LIBERTY 3.0R SPEC B SEDAN --- 6SP Manual - 19" Kahn RS-V rims - V-Tune - STI Short Shifter - Tein S-techs - Corazon Grill - Phats Quad Mufflers - STi front lip - Brembo brakes with slotted rotors - More to come ;)

Woodduck

Car: '06 3.0R spec B

Postby specbtommy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:10 pm

^^ i would like to know also
specbtommy

Car: 2006 liberty spec b

Postby BlackFlatSix05 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:19 pm

If you read this http://autospeed.com/cms/title_RS-in-Ra ... ticle.html it says 7K for the kit. I can't see why its so expensive.
04 MY05 Obsidian Black 3.0R Spec B Sedan 6MT. Hi Tech Quads, HKS Panel Filter.
Viciously Tuned By Xtreme Racing Tuning, Barbados.
BlackFlatSix05

Car: MY05 3.0 Spec B

Postby specbtommy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:08 pm

in the article it says it only reaches power of 139KW atw.... that to be honest isn't much power... but in saying so i do not know what the power was before hand...

does any one have an idea on what our 3L would put out? 200kw atw?
specbtommy

Car: 2006 liberty spec b

Postby Adrian2627 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:16 pm

The supercharger kit wouldn't be much of a bang-for-buck improvement. For the $7k kit you only get the kit and it wouldn't be just a bolt on and drive experience. You would be looking at another $3-5k at least to get it up and running reliably and then engineered to make it all legal. Then at the end of the day as the 3.0 is a high-comp engine running 11.0:1 you are only going to be able to run 4-5psi of boost which you won't achieve until you hit red-line as the engine isn't designed to flow much until you get up top. You could play with the cams and the dual AVCS and the engine's love of revs means you could do some amazing things in terms of wild profiles while still keeping it drivable down low but you are going to end up with an engine that behaves like a turbo engine but at twice the price. If you really want to play the mod game then you are certainly better off going with the turbo. Sure there are a few boosted 3.0s around but I can guarantee the owners have at least $20k invested in their engines alone.

As has been said before the 3.0 is pretty good out of the box. You can play a little with intake, exhaust, and ecu and so far the most anyone has achieved is about 160kw at the wheels which is good reliable power for a daily driver.
Adrian2627

Car: BP5F (MY09) Legacy 2.0 GT Spec B

Postby Spec B Wgn » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:55 pm

specbtommy wrote:in the article it says it only reaches power of 139KW atw.... that to be honest isn't much power... but in saying so i do not know what the power was before hand...

does any one have an idea on what our 3L would put out? 200kw atw?

approx 120 kws at the wheels
Spec B Wgn

PreviousNext

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific