rB supposedly tuned hard to start

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

rB supposedly tuned hard to start

Postby JimmyT » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:07 am

Hey guys,

So I recently bought an 05 3.0rB which has upgraded headers and exhaust from the previous owners and the owner before last got it tuned by someone of a Subaru form (not sure who or which forum). The upside is fuel economy is steady at around 10.6L/100km with some minor squirts every now and then BUT when starting I have to flick to on then back to off 3 times to get it to crank over properly. The guy I bought it off said it was due to the tune being so lean but after talking to my mate that's a diesel Mechanic and car enthusiast he said it shouldn't change the start up.

I'm possibly looking to retune properly down the track but that can get costly. So I was hoping maybe someone could shed some light on what's happening and what the possible cause could be whether it could be the starter motor, alternator, fuel pump/filter or even battery on its last legs.

Any help would be much appreciated :D
JimmyT

Car: Subaru Liberty 3.0rB

Re: rB supposedly tuned hard to start

Postby Trisjl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 am

Talk to Matt Mcleod at Kido Tuning, He'll sort you out with a retune. I imagine he'll be able to get to the bottom of the issue last time I checked it's $400 with free retunes for life of car.

Profile: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7166
Kido E85 Flex Tune. Raptor headers with full Catless 2.5" exhaust. BC Coilovers. Potenza Re003s. Whiteline Sway bar. Sti Strut Brace. CorgiWerx SS.
Trisjl

Car: 2005 3.0R Spec B Wagon

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific