3.0r-b exhaust

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

3.0r-b exhaust

Postby Timmy_t » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:24 am

Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been posted before but could find anything

I bought a 2005 MY06 H6 spec b about 2 months ago and I'm looking to get a new exhaust.

Does anyone have suggestion for a quality one and where I could source one?

Thanks in advance
Timmy_t

Car: Subaru Liberty H6 3.0r spec.B

Re: 3.0r-b exhaust

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:02 pm

Timmy_t wrote:Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been posted before but could find anything

I bought a 2005 MY06 H6 spec b about 2 months ago and I'm looking to get a new exhaust.

Does anyone have suggestion for a quality one and where I could source one?

Thanks in advance

XForce do a great catback system :)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby applegeek897 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Check out my thread below for options and youtube clips of what Iv'e done. :)
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Postby Mariano » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:34 am

http://www.fox-sportauspuff.de/

Fox exhaust from germany. Very good fit an finish and looks almost stock type. I have one with center resonator and theres no more drone after 2000km brake in period. It is pretty quiet exhaust, you can really hear it only when accelerating. But I think it suits liberty/legacy style car. :D
Mariano

Car: Legacy 3.0R Spec.B 6mt -06

Postby Trisjl » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:39 am

+1 for Xforce Catback. Best value for money exhaust mod and a good starting point, from there you can get Headers, hi flo cats etc to make it a full setup.

Also Matt does a mean tune which gives the catback a nice note and some more pokinesss.

You can go Stainless or Mild steel, Mild is obviously cheaper but I'd choose Stainless imo. That's what I went with anyway.

http://www.xforce.com.au/bolt-on-system ... 1063040025
Kido E85 Flex Tune. Raptor headers with full Catless 2.5" exhaust. BC Coilovers. Potenza Re003s. Whiteline Sway bar. Sti Strut Brace. CorgiWerx SS.
Trisjl

Car: 2005 3.0R Spec B Wagon

Postby applegeek897 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:12 am

Might as well go stainless, the price difference is so small you might as well. https://www.bestmufflers.com is a great place to get a bolt on system from!
Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -
applegeek897

Car: 05' 3R-B Wagon, 00' Daihatsu Cuore
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31247

Postby Buttz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:15 pm

I have the stainless exhaust system from xforce. I can upload a video if you want. I found that the videos on the internet wernt helpful. I took a leap and i was impressed. Ill upload the video in a bit.
Buttz

Car: 06 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B

Postby Buttz » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H66cG0BqBIY

There you go. Will make another one when i get the headers, hi flow cats and a tune.
Buttz

Postby biscuit » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Apologies if I'm not posting correctly or if I should create a new thread. I also have a 2004 Outback 3.0R Premium 5AT as the Outback club seemed to be mostly overseas posters. But the Outback and Liberty are essentially the same car excepting ride height/suspension/interior.

This thread came up when I was searching for exhaust mods and tuners. I have just ordered Raptor EZ30 headers and it seems the Xforce cat back system is OK but will there be too much drone. Some posts suggest a new high flow centre cat, maybe plus another muffler/silencer? Where can I buy all this gear and get the Raptor headers fitted as they require welding? Any good exhaust shops on the NSW Central Coast - Gosford? The very helpful chap from Raptor recommended a tuner on the Central Coast too. Any ideas there including Sydney metro.

With the exhaust I won't mind a bit of extra burble but as I'm a bit older just want a more responsive car not noise eg those rocket exhausts!

Again, apologies if this is the wrong forum and for the barrage of questions.
biscuit

Car: 2004 Outback 3.0R Premium

Postby Buttz » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:29 pm

biscuit wrote:Apologies if I'm not posting correctly or if I should create a new thread. I also have a 2004 Outback 3.0R Premium 5AT as the Outback club seemed to be mostly overseas posters. But the Outback and Liberty are essentially the same car excepting ride height/suspension/interior.

This thread came up when I was searching for exhaust mods and tuners. I have just ordered Raptor EZ30 headers and it seems the Xforce cat back system is OK but will there be too much drone. Some posts suggest a new high flow centre cat, maybe plus another muffler/silencer? Where can I buy all this gear and get the Raptor headers fitted as they require welding? Any good exhaust shops on the NSW Central Coast - Gosford? The very helpful chap from Raptor recommended a tuner on the Central Coast too. Any ideas there including Sydney metro.

So with an automatic transmission and a louder open exhaust, it will be difficult to get a decent sound without drone. I have only done a catback exhaust so far, with the 6 speed manual there isnt that much drone and you really only hear it under load/ acceleration. What the usual go in terms of exhaust is to get the headers and replace the 2 front cats with high flow cats and remove the last one (assuming the gen 2 outbacks have the 3rd cat). From the headers back, i would get custom fabricated pieces.

In terms of tuning while i have had no experience myself, i can recommend The Rumble shack at Wetherill Park. They have tuned a few of my mates WRXs.
Buttz

Postby Soon2bspecb » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Just a quick "opinion" from an outsider- who had his first drive of a spec B!

I test drove a 2005 spec B 3.0 tonight with an X Force cat back system.
It was awesome at high throttle acceleration and no throttle (over run) ...... but I was pretty amazed/disappointed at the huge amount of drone at cruising speed/throttles.
Windows up and sunroof closed - still didn't help.
The only solution I could recommend was "stereo crankin' "
Soon2bspecb

Postby biscuit » Tue May 09, 2017 11:01 pm

All done, Raptor headers fitted, high flow cats and Ultrex quad tips. Just a final alignment of the driver's side tips required. Back to Throttle Happy for an updated tune now the engine can breath.
biscuit

Postby Sebaru » Tue May 16, 2017 11:52 pm

biscuit wrote:All done, Raptor headers fitted, high flow cats and Ultrex quad tips. Just a final alignment of the driver's side tips required. Back to Throttle Happy for an updated tune now the engine can breath.

What size cats did you use? I've got raptor headers on the way and want to order an appropriate size set of cats. Inlet/outlet size and body size.
Sebaru

Car: Impreza RS, Nissan Stagea 260RS

Postby biscuit » Wed May 17, 2017 10:18 pm

Sebaru wrote:What size cats did you use? I've got raptor headers on the way and want to order an appropriate size set of cats. Inlet/outlet size and body size.

Not sure I'll check with the exhaust guy who did the work, I think it was 2.5 inch and the cats were stainless steel. Will try to upload a picture.
biscuit

Postby biscuit » Wed May 17, 2017 10:29 pm

here's a photo
Attachments
OB exhaust.jpg
OB exhaust
OB exhaust.jpg (37.69 KiB) Viewed 7576 times
biscuit

Next