3.0R Raptor headers

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

3.0R Raptor headers

Postby 77T » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi guys,wanted to hear from anyone who installed these on an otherwise stock car if they experienced any issues with afr's,worse fuel economy etc.

I do realize they will be better with retune but that would come later,as well as intake mods

Any insight appreciated
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Re: 3.0R Raptor headers

Postby Russ59 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:35 pm

My son and I both have them fitted (his Liberty 3.0. mine OB 3.0) with no issues whatsoever, they have been retuned by Matt @ KIDO but even prior to that had no problems with anything. I think the most noticeable improvement would be top end torque and the car feels a lot freer in the engine (breathing better), exhaust note is much the same on mine (I have the Ultrex rear mufflers, the rest of the system other than the headers is stock) He has Ultrex mufflers, custom "Y" pipe with hotdog resonator at rear and front resonator delete as well. His is quite loud although mainly under hard acceleration, cruising at 100 kph not too loud or droney :) Fuel economy probably averaging about 9 - 10 L per 100 for mine 5EAT and his maybe 9 - 9.5 L / 100 6 speed manual - combination of 30 % city 70 % hwy driving. Overall a great mod and good value for the money really :)

Russ59

Car: MY06 Outback R Premium 3.0

Postby Tewaka » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:03 pm

I get my headers anyday now, and will most likely get them installed asap, but a tune will be awhile off due to bucks unfortunately.
Tewaka

Car: Liberty MY06 Wagon

Postby 77T » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks for that Russ. Was hoping they would fix the torque void between 2-3k rpm where the 5eat stays most
77T

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0R Sedan

Postby Tradewind » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:35 pm

77T wrote:Thanks for that Russ. Was hoping they would fix the torque void between 2-3k rpm where the 5eat stays most

When I designed them I made 100% that the driving experience from idle to full rpm would be better - the torque hole filled in nicely and the top end opened up very nicely.
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby Tradewind » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Russ59 wrote:My son and I both have them fitted (his Liberty 3.0. mine OB 3.0) with no issues whatsoever, they have been retuned by Matt @ KIDO but even prior to that had no problems with anything. I think the most noticeable improvement would be top end torque and the car feels a lot freer in the engine (breathing better), exhaust note is much the same on mine (I have the Ultrex rear mufflers, the rest of the system other than the headers is stock) He has Ultrex mufflers, custom "Y" pipe with hotdog resonator at rear and front resonator delete as well. His is quite loud although mainly under hard acceleration, cruising at 100 kph not too loud or droney :) Fuel economy probably averaging about 9 - 10 L per 100 for mine 5EAT and his maybe 9 - 9.5 L / 100 6 speed manual - combination of 30 % city 70 % hwy driving. Overall a great mod and good value for the money really :)

Great feedback, thanks!
Tradewind

Postby Tradewind » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:36 pm

All Australian orders have been shipped and I would expect that 90% of all the Aussie orders will reach their owners by Friday this coming week at the latest
Tradewind

Postby Russ59 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:26 am

Tradewind wrote:
Russ59 wrote:My son and I both have them fitted (his Liberty 3.0. mine OB 3.0) with no issues whatsoever, they have been retuned by Matt @ KIDO but even prior to that had no problems with anything. I think the most noticeable improvement would be top end torque and the car feels a lot freer in the engine (breathing better), exhaust note is much the same on mine (I have the Ultrex rear mufflers, the rest of the system other than the headers is stock) He has Ultrex mufflers, custom "Y" pipe with hotdog resonator at rear and front resonator delete as well. His is quite loud although mainly under hard acceleration, cruising at 100 kph not too loud or droney :) Fuel economy probably averaging about 9 - 10 L per 100 for mine 5EAT and his maybe 9 - 9.5 L / 100 6 speed manual - combination of 30 % city 70 % hwy driving. Overall a great mod and good value for the money really :)

Great feedback, thanks!

Not a problem, they're a great product :)
Russ59

Car: MY06 Outback R Premium 3.0

Postby Stevo3RB » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:52 pm

I would concur with this. I have a similar but different set up, having X-Force mufflers and Y-pipe, 3rd cat delete replaced by a resonator and 100CEL cats with flex tune by Matt, but still running 98RON. Better power down low and similar fuel economy to Russ, the car really comes alive around 4000rpm and has a sweet exhaust note that others have commented favourably on. I'd highly recommend it.
Stevo3RB

Car: MY07 Liberty Spec B wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30828

Postby Allballbearings » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi Russ59,
I like the look of your setup, and would like to do similar to my Outback MY07 3.0R which has already been tuned by Ed at XRT RACING, but until I can get my hands on some Raptors, I am looking for a set of mufflers that will give a very small increase in note. I see you have Ultrex mufflers, single out,
could you advise if these are still available and where you purchased them from as I can only find Quads at the moment and I'm not sure if/how they will fit/look on an Outback.

Thanks Chris H 3.0R Outback :D
Allballbearings

Car: Outback MY07 3.0R

Postby Allballbearings » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Russ59,
I like the look of your Outback setup, and I'm looking at raptor headers in the near future, but in the meantime can you advise where you got your ultrex single tip mufflers as I can only find Quad tips on their website.
I have an Outback MY07 3.0R and would like to work towards a similar setup.
Thanks
Chris H
Allballbearings

Car: Outback MY07 3.0R

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific