Oil in coolant reservoir bottle

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Oil in coolant reservoir bottle

Postby sox » Mon May 23, 2016 11:31 am

Hi Guys,
I didn't find anything relating to this issue on here. I hope im not the first lol... Out of no where Ive found my reservoir bottle 95% full of oil/water, engine dip stick on low. Engine is running strong, no miss fires, no overheating or warning lights. No milky froth in water bottle,radiator cap,oil cap or dipstick.
2007 Lioberty 3.0R with 102000 km, cant believe this could happen at this KM range. I thought these cares where bullet proof... Any feedback guys?? :shock:
sox

Car: 2007 MY07 Liberty 3.0 R Spec.B Wagon

Re: Oil in coolant reservoir bottle

Postby alexeiwoody » Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 am

sox wrote:Hi Guys,
I didn't find anything relating to this issue on here. I hope im not the first lol... Out of no where Ive found my reservoir bottle 95% full of oil/water, engine dip stick on low. Engine is running strong, no miss fires, no overheating or warning lights. No milky froth in water bottle,radiator cap,oil cap or dipstick.
2007 Lioberty 3.0R with 102000 km, cant believe this could happen at this KM range. I thought these cares where bullet proof... Any feedback guys?? :shock:

These cars are not bullet proof, even though it's a great engine. Plenty of head gaskets going lately.

I'd suggest draining your overflow bottle, refilling with coolant, making sure all your other fluids are topped up correctly, and see if it happens again.

If it does, budget for a head gasket replacement. If the temperature gauge on your dash ever gets hot, stop driving immediately and check your coolant. You don't want to run low on coolant or oil, or you'll have bigger problems than a headgasket.

If you need the number of arguably the best Subaru 3.0L engine builder in Melbourne, either to help you diagnose the issue in person or to eventually do any work fixing it, I'm happy to pass on the number. Just let me know.
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby sox » Mon May 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Thanks, yes can i have his number. i know nothing is bullet proof but at 100000km that's a joke. This is the second major issue with this car, its very disappointing.
sox

Car: 2007 MY07 Liberty 3.0 R Spec.B Wagon

Postby alexeiwoody » Mon May 23, 2016 1:30 pm

sox wrote:Thanks, yes can i have his number. i know nothing is bullet proof but at 100000km that's a joke. This is the second major issue with this car, its very disappointing.

I'll PM you shortly

100k may seem like a very short interval, but if it wasn't maintained properly by the previous owner (if there was one?), even a 30,000km car can start developing issues.

:(
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific