Completed exhaust upgrade and e85 tune

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Completed exhaust upgrade and e85 tune

Postby Dg6000 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:38 am

With so many variations of exhaust systems recommended on this forum it was a bit confusing what would be the best way to go for performance and better exhaust note. The car had been tuned by Matt prior to installing the Raptor headers (thanks heaps Tim, first class customer service) and to be honest after installing the headers I was really disappointed with the loss of both torque and a bit of that awesome whine the 3.0 boxer engine makes. Sounded a bit like an old falcon (no offence to Ford lovers). Screamed at the top end but it was the loss of the torque and the new exhaust note from the headers that was disappointing.
I contacted Matt to see if he could fix this & just had a touch up e85 Flex tune from Matt yesterday and Far out! what a difference and improvement, got that great whine back, good exhaust note, and heaps more torque, heaps! Don't know much about the numbers but I would recommend any member that wants gain for reasonable coin to consider Raptor headers, HiTec mufflers & e85 tune.
Matt has retuned my car 4 times now, always polite, great service and gets the 3.0 really performing, best money I ever spent on the car.

If you are in Newcastle I would recommend NMS at Bennett Green for installing headers.
eyelids, Raptor Headers HiTech mufflers, King Springs, Kido tune
Dg6000

Car: MY05 Liberty Premium 3.0

Re: Completed exhaust upgrade and e85 tune

Postby Liam_Mangs » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:38 am

Dg6000 wrote:With so many variations of exhaust systems recommended on this forum it was a bit confusing what would be the best way to go for performance and better exhaust note. The car had been tuned by Matt prior to installing the Raptor headers (thanks heaps Tim, first class customer service) and to be honest after installing the headers I was really disappointed with the loss of both torque and a bit of that awesome whine the 3.0 boxer engine makes. Sounded a bit like an old falcon (no offence to Ford lovers). Screamed at the top end but it was the loss of the torque and the new exhaust note from the headers that was disappointing.
I contacted Matt to see if he could fix this & just had a touch up e85 Flex tune from Matt yesterday and Far out! what a difference and improvement, got that great whine back, good exhaust note, and heaps more torque, heaps! Don't know much about the numbers but I would recommend any member that wants gain for reasonable coin to consider Raptor headers, HiTec mufflers & e85 tune.
Matt has retuned my car 4 times now, always polite, great service and gets the 3.0 really performing, best money I ever spent on the car.

If you are in Newcastle I would recommend NMS at Bennett Green for installing headers.

Did you only get the HiTech Mufflers or did you get a full system?
Liam_Mangs

Re: Completed exhaust upgrade and e85 tune

Postby Tradewind » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:49 pm

Great to hear you have your machine going like it should :mrgreen:
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific