How much boost could a stock 3.0R motor take

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: How much boost could a stock 3.0R motor take

Postby Tradewind » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:31 pm

McDoof wrote:Honestly I think I would more than happy with 250awkw. I just don't want to spend $7k on getting there with a SC kit. Considering my car is worth a whopping $10k. I would rather look at what I can build myself over time. Much more interesting. My thought is that I could actually use the Raptor headers as as start point and fabricate the rest of the turbo manifold myself. Either two small turbos or a single twin scroll. Still pipe dreams at this point. (pun intended)

These guys have the right idea

Don't follow that example in pic, yes it worked but its far far from ideal or even something that makes sense
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby McDoof » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Tradewind wrote:
Don't follow that example in pic, yes it worked but its far far from ideal or even something that makes sense

Thanks Tim
I have been trying to educate myself on the science of forced induction in the mean time. The design I have in my head starts with your headers. Much more even. The idea then would be to fabricate 2 fairly even pipes up to a collector feeding a twin scroll. Twin waste gates.
I still have a long way to go before I know enough to make this happen and the design idea will most likely change many times.
At the end of the day I love a good challenge and my biggest obstacle is generally my wife who is very good at making sure I don't make us broke. Which is a good thing I guess. It will probably take me 5 years to do this a tiny bit at a time. At which point my car will be too old to handle any boost. :?
McDoof

Car: MY05 3.0R SpecB 6MT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26449

Postby Bartosz » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Is this project finished or not?
Bartosz

Car: Legacy Outback 00

Previous

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific