Ignition Coil Confusion

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Ignition Coil Confusion

Postby Stackbauer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:19 pm

Need to change the coil packs on my 05 3.0RB; but there's so many different part numbers and so on and so forth that it's very hard to know whether I'd be buying the right part or not.

So far, on the pack itself, there's the part number FK0140, but I've seen in other places that this has been superseded by FK0333

In terms of Subaru part numbers, I've seen
22433AA421
22433AA560
22433AA561

so, what's the correct part number?
Stackbauer

Re: Ignition Coil Confusion

Postby Curley5959 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:38 pm

I recently found PartSouq, which allows you to search for all parts for your vehicle by VIN Number.

Pricing is very reasonable, all parts are genuine, and postage is extremely fast. Purchased a MAF Sensor last Monday, shipped on Tuesday and arrived on Thursday. From Dubai to Rural NSW.. Still trying to figure out the logic behind this being achievable. Sometimes items from Sydney take a week or two.

https://partsouq.com/

Have made another order since and will definitely use again. I may even need to purchase coil packs as I have had some issues with lag and a ticking sound. Spark plugs are only 10k old but I have purchased new ones and am getting them installed at a reputable mechanic, not the Subaru Dealership, which is when the issues started occuring. Thinking either a dodgy spark plug not seated correctly, or a split coil pack arcing. Hoping there is a simple fix somewhere. Been driving be crazy for months now. New O2 Sensors, New MAF, Vacuum Leaks fixed, Fuel Filter, Cleaned OCV Valves etc etc and nothing.

In regards to coil packs, according to PartSouq for my VIN (2004 Liberty 3.0R Spec-B)

Genuine Subaru - 22433AA441
Substitute - 22433AA530
Substitute - 22433AA531

Although when researching the other part numbers they all appear genuine. Must just be multiple variations.
Curley5959

Car: 07 Forester XT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27640

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific