My Subaru Liberty 3.0r 2006 My06 and its future

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: My Subaru Liberty 3.0r 2006 My06 and its future

Postby 3rspecb » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Yes they will be direct bolt on to your heads but from memory, the Raptor headers doesn't include cats. You will need cats and then piping to the x-force centre section.

Look at my first pic, the Subaru OE header system has the factory cats welded into the assembly and then single pipe to the centre section.

The factory cats are pretty restrictive, recommend you get aftermarket cats. 200cell or 100 cell aftermarket cats.
MY06 3rspecb manual sedan, Urban Grey- Shockworks Coilovers '- Gone

MY17 SSv Redline, manual sedan, White.
3rspecb

Car: MY17 SSv Redline

Postby MDNGHT » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:40 pm

3rspecb wrote:Yes they will be direct bolt on to your heads but from memory, the Raptor headers doesn't include cats. You will need cats and then piping to the x-force centre section.

Look at my first pic, the Subaru OE header system has the factory cats welded into the assembly and then single pipe to the centre section.

The factory cats are pretty restrictive, recommend you get aftermarket cats. 200cell or 100 cell aftermarket cats.

I intend on doing the whole SC thing from raptor down the track so i like the looks of your set up.

can i ask what cats you would recommend? dont know much about them like the difference between 200 and 100

also the piping from the cats to the x-force centre section should I just get that made or is there a part that you can buy?

cheers for all the help G
MODS: Ultrex RS 18x8 Wheels/Zerosports Carbon Fibre Grill/JDM Carbon fibre Rear Subaru Badge/8 inch Pioneer open air sub/Pioneer 4550BT DVD headunit/Nexus 7 indash install/Cusco front + rear sway bar/DBA4000 T3 slotted rotors/Intima ceramic pads/Kido FlexFuel E85 Tune
MDNGHT

Car: MY06 Liberty 3.0RB

Postby 3rspecb » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:09 pm

I have k2gear headers, which have cats incorporated in the headers and a small y section to join the cats to the centre section. From memory most members I've read go 200cell magnaflow cats. 100cell are more free flowing but may be overkill. Suggest you search the forum or speak to your tuner. Unfortunately you will need to get something made as nothing off the shelf between aftermarket cats and the x-force centre section.

3rspecb

Postby MDNGHT » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:09 pm

3rspecb wrote:I have k2gear headers, which have cats incorporated in the headers and a small y section to join the cats to the centre section. From memory most members I've read go 200cell magnaflow cats. 100cell are more free flowing but may be overkill. Suggest you search the forum or speak to your tuner. Unfortunately you will need to get something made as nothing off the shelf between aftermarket cats and the x-force centre section.

yeah I had a look into the cats, magnaflow seems like the way to go. Will definitly get the 200cell as i dont want it to become silly. when I ordered my headers from raptor they had the option of stock or aftermarket flange, I got stock, do you think that will cause a problem or can i just get aftermarket of the same size from magnaflow?
MODS: Ultrex RS 18x8 Wheels/Zerosports Carbon Fibre Grill/JDM Carbon fibre Rear Subaru Badge/8 inch Pioneer open air sub/Pioneer 4550BT DVD headunit/Nexus 7 indash install/Cusco front + rear sway bar/DBA4000 T3 slotted rotors/Intima ceramic pads/Kido FlexFuel E85 Tune
MDNGHT

Postby 3rspecb » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:18 am

Not 100% sure to be honest. Probably best speak to an exhaust shop or ask the question to Tim (raptor).

3rspecb

Postby MDNGHT » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:48 pm

3rspecb wrote:Not 100% sure to be honest. Probably best speak to an exhaust shop or ask the question to Tim (raptor).

spoke to Tim and he said it should be fine but can send me the larger flanges for $20.

decided to order
http://www.tuffcarparts.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=180_90_91_201&product_id=306

now i just need to get the section from the cats to the xforce front muffler made. shouldnt be expensive right?

once its all sorted its ready for install :)
MDNGHT

Postby MDNGHT » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Okay dudes and dudettes

Big one today, sorry it has taken me so long to post something new, been changing jobs and getting this stuff done haven't had much time to write this up.

First off I have had the car tuned by Matt (Kido Tuning) to be both E85 and 98 octane fuel ready. If anyone is considering this and still on the fence I cannot even bring words to desccribe how much you need to get your asre of that fence and onto this tune. Throttle response and gear changes are so much smoother now and the overall output of the car has drastically increased.

Currently I have to run around 5-7 tanks of E85 then I can switch freely between any level of either E85 or 98 after that.

E85 has made the engine less noisy and it tends to ping less. the fuel economy is decreased a small amount in the city, however the highway driving I can easy get between 600-700 km from one tank on E85 which I think is rather good.

Also received my aesthetic accessories from Japanparts (STI Floor Mats, Zerosports Carbon Fibre Grill, AV Panel, Information Meter Relocation Kit, STI Valve Covers for wheels, Carbon Subaru Badge, 3.0r chrome emblem still waiting on the carbon DAMD steering wheel as it was 80 days on back order)

Most of these pieces were just drop in obviously, the only one that involved any work was the Nexus install in the AV Panel. \
All you need to do is
1. remove the chrome surround around the gear stick
2. lift the center piece of the dash that surrounds the gear stick
3. undo the screws near the bottom of the silver edges to the dash
4. pull the silver side trim towards the back of the car to release
5. unscrew the headunit plate(3 screws on either side)
6. remove headunit and a/c control
7. if you are installing a nexus you will need to do the av panel as well, that is the top panel that has your information meter on it. place your hands in either side of the compartment and pull towards the back of the car it should just pop out. 3 clips at the top 2 at the bottom.
8. remove the information panel and the cigarette lighter and ashtray from their surrounds.
9. the information relocation kit comes with an extension for the power leads so no cutting or soldering needed just screw the information panel into the relocation panel and place in the spot where you ash tray used to be.
10. the nexus was run to the existing 12v cigarette adapter and mounted behind the dash with aluminum brackets and epoxy.

Reverse the way you took it out and you're good to go.

Seems to work fine although when its been running for an hour or so the nexus reboots itself so I will have to figure that out.

Also had Cusco front and rear sway bars installed, great handling in the corners now a lot less body roll.

While it was at Autocraft Subaru I got Marshall to do the right rocker cover to as it was leaking.

Got the Magnaflow 200 cel cats the other day still not installed.

So far I have Raptor Headers, Magnaflow 200 cel cats, Xforce Y-pipe and front muffler yet to be installed but still no rear mufflers.
What are your thoughts on the mufflers Liberty fans?

PM'd Tbear a few times to get some TCP quads but no reply.
would the stock ones be fine? not restrict the rest of the system to much?

I want quad tips so maybe just swap the tips on the stocks?

please give me any of your thoughts on this as I don't want it to be a monster and scream its arse off.

http://imgur.com/G6iFVQW,N6ZI35U,P14usWj,H8tOyw1,gQD1SOJ,TJjZ92C,TnMOJtl,w7orgds
this was before paint work

PS. also had the front bumper replaced and sprayed, the left passanger door panel replaced and resprayed(mates brother from out of town ran into me) and the boot lip resprayed as someone had key'd the car.
Looks a millions dollars now :)
MDNGHT

Postby MDNGHT » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:21 pm

also been experimenting with some plastidip :)

thoughts?

http://imgur.com/wseyrtI,DmvVaxw,eLx44Od,s1P2mes

chrome side skirt and mirror
MDNGHT

Postby MDNGHT » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Hey guys anyone know what would cause this fault code

P0021 Intake Camshaft Position Timing - Over-Advanced (Bank 2)

also torque mentioned missfire in cylinders 2, 4 and 6 as pending faults

was worried as I have had the one of the rocker covers replaced and the transmission serviced within the last 5000 kms, was recently tuned by Matt (Kido Tuning) to E85 could that have caused any problems?
MDNGHT

Postby HardwareBoB » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:13 pm

Check the following item and repair or replace if necessary.
• Engine oil (amount, dirt)
• Oil pipe (clog)
• Oil flow control solenoid valve (clog or dirt of oil routing, setting of spring, clog of valve)
• Intake camshaft (dirt, damage of camshaft)
• Timing belt (matching of timing mark)
HardwareBoB

Car: MY05 GT 5MT Wagon
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27514

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Cam.solenoids need cleaning on passenger side. 10mm bolt and a blue plug to take it off, then wiggle solenoid out and clean it
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby MDNGHT » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:46 am

thankyou Matt and Matt

With the cam solenoid what should I clean it with?

Some kind of engine cleaner?
MDNGHT

Postby Daytona » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:00 am

I had the same issue a couple months back, tried cleaning the solenoids with brake cleaner.
Had misfire on the other bank though, 1, 3 and 5 (but also got errors 0011 and 0021).

I ended up replacing my solenoids, but hopefully cleaning them will do the job for you.
Daytona

Postby Dg6000 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Hey mdnght, i am in Newy & have 2005 H6, kido tune from Matt, xforce mufflers and wanted to know who you got to install the headers? Got mine in garage from raptor and was going to get Marshal (Auto craft) to install next service? Also who did your brakes? Was going to upgrade, I am keen to SC down the track
eyelids, Raptor Headers HiTech mufflers, King Springs, Kido tune
Dg6000

Car: MY05 Liberty Premium 3.0

Postby MDNGHT » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Dg6000 wrote:Hey mdnght, i am in Newy & have 2005 H6, kido tune from Matt, xforce mufflers and wanted to know who you got to install the headers? Got mine in garage from raptor and was going to get Marshal (Auto craft) to install next service? Also who did your brakes? Was going to upgrade, I am keen to SC down the track

No worries bro, I would talk to Marshall down at auto craft Subaru. He knows his shit and will be able to install all the parts ur talking about. He had some issues with his welder the other month from my understanding. Also ur cats r part of the stock headers so I would look at upgrading those to a hi flow cat.
MDNGHT

PreviousNext

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific