Base Tune from Matt - KiDo Tune

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Base Tune from Matt - KiDo Tune

Postby Ric B » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:50 pm

Just Awsum!
Daniel was kind enough to do a pre-read then put on Matt's initial tune .. a huge difference in drive-ability ! Smoothed out the flat spots between 3-4k and the car is much smoother at lower Revs in traffic and seems to have added a few horsepower here and there as well.
Can't wait for the full tune!
Ric B

Car: Liberty MY07 3.0R Spec B Manual

Re: Base Tune from Matt - KiDo Tune

Postby Ric B » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:26 am

And on the second day...
about 2 kms from my dad's place .. first set of lights .. had been raining .. so the road was still a bit wet. Lights from Royal street turning left onto Kenwick link.
Lights Changed .. I was not paying attention .. dropped the clutch and accelerated ... 4 wheels spinning ... changed to second about 20m from the lights at around 7k RPM ... then third doing 140kph before I realized it was time to slow down a bit LOL The 4WD that was next to me at the lights about 200m behind accelerating hard.

What a difference even the base tune makes!

There are no Mods on this car except tyres are 225/40R18's
Ric B

Postby shav » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:01 pm

Great review of the tune Ric. Good to see you enjoying the cars new found power
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 road bike
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD road bike
shav

Car: MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18915&start=480

Postby Ric B » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:36 pm

I loved the Car before but now it is hard not to give it sh*t at every opportunity!
When I first brought the car home my girls (aged 9 and 10 ) asked me to give it a name and as we had just watched "how to train your dragon" I said I would call the car "Toothless" being Diamond Grey it's about the same colour and is quick like a cat.
Ric B

Postby Ric B » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Now I have the E85 Base tune - truly awesome!
Even more low range torque - engine has a slightly deeper note - having trouble driving sedately LOL
Ric B

Postby shav » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Ric B wrote:Now I have the E85 Base tune - truly awesome!
Even more low range torque - engine has a slightly deeper note - having trouble driving sedately LOL

haha, you love it :D
Cheers
Shav

MY07 Subaru Liberty GT Premium Sedan | HKS Panel filter | Pierburg 3 port | Whiteline adj sways F&R | Cusco HD mounts | Whiteline HD front sway links | Anycarlink AL-1080B | Ultrex s/s 3" CBE | Ultrex PU lip spoiler | Invidia s/s dump pipe and 100cel cat | KiDo tuned | DBA T2 rotors | Intima SS brake pads | Mishimoto TMIC | Koya ISR7 wheels | 265L Kobe fuel pump | Diamond Works SI Drive dial | Bilsteins

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Ric B » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:09 pm

Ok , Now I have the real tune!

Thanks Matt!

Power is much smoother, Fuel consumption has dropped around town dramatically .
Plenty of power !! Managed to slide off the roundabout this morning and bumped over the curb :roll:
Had to clean the rim with some toothpaste but no real damage.

Highly recommend the E85 and the Kido Tune.
Ric B

Postby jslayz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 am

Careful Ric :wink:
Having fun by sounds but dont bend it!

Time for proper sticky tyres?
CURRENT - ATP GTX 3576 - 22psi - 283.7awkw
OLD - Dom 1.5Xtr - Last dyno 254ahkw, previous 238ahkw, first 224awkw.
My journey thread: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523
My Lib Pics here: http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15523&start=570#p370656
jslayz

Car: 2005 Liberty GT Wagon

Postby Ric B » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:40 pm

Looks like I will be up for some new tyres soon.
Front ones are quite grippy but the rears are a different brand and sometimes just let go in slippery conditions.
Ric B

Postby d-chang » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Awesome stuff Ric!

I actually didn't see this initial post you created way back when I tuned your car the first time!

Good to hear the car is still humming along... and with a lot of grunt too!! :D
Below car has been gone for quite some time now... blew bottom end bearing and dealership screwed me! Now driving 2008 WRX with ~65k kms on the clock. Only has cat back exhaust and tune by KiDo at the moment! More to come... but slowly!

Purchased recently (12/11/2013), already with: Stage 2 Pedders lowered springs, rear Whiteline sway bar, Advan Racing TCII 18x8 wheels, k&N pod filter, custom 3" exhaust system from turbo back with Magnaflow mufflers. ECUTEK tune of some sort (hopefully soon to be fixed)..... now FIXED!! Now KiDo Tuned!
Added: HID kit, EZ lip equivalents to the front and sides, and various LED treatments, oem boot spoiler, [LGT WRC] plates, GFB Respons BOV for extra Pssscchhh! --> Gone... I couldn't afford it's heart transplant... but keep a look out, as it will come back on sale soon!
d-chang
-stickered-

Car: MY05 Liberty GT
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15749

Postby Ric B » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Been awhile since I posted!

Car still doing great- Have some new sticky tyres- makes a huge difference on wet weather roads - much easier to four wheel drift around corners LOL.

Also finally solved the ticking problem coming from the engine.
I suspected that it may have been the timing chain tensioner but it was one of the coil packs arcing out on the engine!
Once replaced no problem and the engine is now quiet as a mouse -until it roars. :D
Ric B

Postby shav » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 am

Ric B wrote:Been awhile since I posted!

Car still doing great- Have some new sticky tyres- makes a huge difference on wet weather roads - much easier to four wheel drift around corners LOL.

Also finally solved the ticking problem coming from the engine.
I suspected that it may have been the timing chain tensioner but it was one of the coil packs arcing out on the engine!
Once replaced no problem and the engine is now quiet as a mouse -until it roars. :D

Thanks for the update Ric. Mine ticks a little too at idle and I put it down to injectors, but I'll get the coil packs changed come next service to see if that helps. What did it cost you to replace the coils?
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Postby Ric B » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi Shav,

There are so many things it could have been, the young mechanic picked it up when doing the service. Checked the plugs and they were OK cleaned the coil pack and put it back and it was great- ran smooth About 10km then on the way home it crapped itself , had the CEL come on and it was running rough as guts- read the code and misfire on cylinder 4 . Had to get a genuine Subi one for $200! as needed to get the car running. But full credit to V and R Auto (Wangara) Rick the chief mechanic told me to bring it back ( This was about 5:00pm) worked on it for about an hour and gave me his car to take home when he could not sort it. I live about 40km from work!

I think there are some after market H6 coil packs that are reasonably priced.
So I may buy a set too when finances have recovered!

Wonder what other Subi owners are using?

V and R love there cars they are involved with Drift racing at Wanneroo.

Rick wants to get a KiDo tune on a couple of their Skylines after seeing the difference it made with my car!
Ric B

Postby shav » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:38 am

Ric B wrote:Hi Shav,

There are so many things it could have been, the young mechanic picked it up when doing the service. Checked the plugs and they were OK cleaned the coil pack and put it back and it was great- ran smooth About 10km then on the way home it crapped itself , had the CEL come on and it was running rough as guts- read the code and misfire on cylinder 4 . Had to get a genuine Subi one for $200! as needed to get the car running. But full credit to V and R Auto (Wangara) Rick the chief mechanic told me to bring it back ( This was about 5:00pm) worked on it for about an hour and gave me his car to take home when he could not sort it. I live about 40km from work!

I think there are some after market H6 coil packs that are reasonably priced.
So I may buy a set too when finances have recovered!

Wonder what other Subi owners are using?

V and R love there cars they are involved with Drift racing at Wanneroo.

Rick wants to get a KiDo tune on a couple of their Skylines after seeing the difference it made with my car!

Sounds good Ric. You wouldn't think coil packs are a common thing to pack up on Subi's, but I guess it's good to get them checked at each service for wear. When Matt comes here next, I'll get him to check over with the tune.
Cheers
Shav

COSMETIC MODS ON THE WAY

My other toys:
shav

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific