XRT 3.6R Tuning

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

XRT 3.6R Tuning

Postby west_minist » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:16 am

Car is stock

Just found this topic :) i is conversation about my car being tuned :) Edward is just perfect to work with! I was dealing with tuners before few times, he is the best. I think for e-tune of 3.6 any AT you'll be hard pressed to find anyone better, and he tunes every other Subarus too.

I'm very happy with the way this work is going and and the gains I'm getting so far. Excellent job!

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=514

XRT v5 vs Stock - 2nd Gear Dyno.png
XRT v5 vs Stock - 2nd Gear Dyno.png (45.13 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
west_minist

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza 2R 4EAT

Re: XRT 3.6R Tuning

Postby Tradewind » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:44 am

That's identical to a result I saw from a fellow in California - his was ECUTEK tho.

The before is accurate and the after same as I have seen elsewhere (measured on dyno)

Good work, I have seen your customers thread on LegacyGT forum

Did you give him SI drive options as well?
2015 Liberty 3.6R (6GEN) - Raptor headers and Raptor SUPER MAF
Tradewind

Car: Grey MY15 6GEN 3.6R - Raptor MAF

Postby west_minist » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 am

Well to be honest I haven't check the graphs.I will later. He doesn't have si-drive.
Last edited by west_minist on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
west_minist

Postby Tim_B » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:51 pm

How much does something like this cost?
Tim_B

Car: 3.6r Premium MY10

Postby west_minist » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Pm sent.

Trying to make sure all dyno'es been consistent and no post any high numbers, this car has Zero (0) mods.

The cars I saw with power gains this high have mods. So I can only attribute it to tuning, especially the top end power. So that's a plus to me.

The customer will be posting a review soon. So I will be curious to see what he states in his full review.
west_minist

stevenc1703 - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6R 5EAT - Tuning

Postby west_minist » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:27 pm

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... 0632#p1621
Just loaded the first Rom from XRT. It already shifts much smoother in auto, and much better torque in manual, auto feels prefect for a nice ride around town and manual feels great for the track. I was scared at first but wow, it was totally worth it. This was just the initial Rom I can't wait till the next update.
Edward is great, he logged into my computer and pretty much did everything, I just sat and watched.
west_minist

Alex - 2014 USDM Subaru Legacy Outback H6 3.6R 5EAT - Tuning

Postby west_minist » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:58 pm

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=514

Just found this topic :) i is conversation about my car being tuned :) Edward is just perfect to work with! I was dealing with tuners before few times, he is the best. I think for e-tune of 3.6 any AT you'll be hard pressed to find anyone better, and he tunes every other Subarus too.

I'm very happy with the way this work is going and and the gains I'm getting so far. Excellent job!

Hello fellows, i was looking for good e-tuner forever... No one seems to be responsive enough to have e-tune done for 3.6

Finally i located xtremeracingtuning.com !
Excellent guys, super fast with response, support any subaru engines, including supercharged 3.0 and 3.6 :)

They are as good as torqued performance in terms of the turn around time, but do NA engines too :) fast e-mail exchange, they also tune AT transmission response.

I'm half way through the process, AT is tuned as well as fuel maps, valve control is coming soon. Car is already head and shoulders above stock, but more to come :)

I'll post results once we a finished, a week or so. I'm at this point is slower with my logs, then they with the tunes :)

Just to pun in prospective how difficult it was to find 3.6 engine tuner... As former owner of wrx 04, wrx 09, evo X, wrx 2012 I do have some experience with 4 different popular tuners, and must say Edward (xtremeracingtuning.com) is one of the best in business :)

I'm kind of spoiled, my previous tunes were with Eric Minehart (subaru turbo tunes only) you can see feedback about him on every subaru forum he is extremely sharp guy.
But after all, i must say Edward is probably even more detail oriented and he tunes all subarus including N/A engines :)

Now, the car 2014 outback, we are in the middle of the tune, not finished yet. So far, drive by wire, fuel maps, and transmission behavior are almost done. Results of that alone, have transformed the car in quick responsive vehicle, no delays on shifts, more power and a lot better driving experience. Feels like bmw x3 now :) big power improvement is ahead, and involves valve control tuning. This will be purely power modification. Once we are finished I'll have stock flash loaded, logged and then compared with tuned.

Almost done with the tine, Edward is the best! So much attention, so many detail, accuracy! I'll be posting results in couple days :))) transmission shifts first class now :)
west_minist

Another 2014 3.6R Tuned

Postby west_minist » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:11 am

Pretty much done tuning maybe a couple of little tweaks to get everything running prefect. I ran a couple dyno comparisons and it looks like we gained about 20hp on the high end with the tune but the feel is what sets it apart, it's a totally different car, very smooth and powerful at any speed. The car runs better than it did the day I bought it. I have cat back exhaust and a cold air intake and after those upgrades it felt sluggish on takeoff and it was shifting harder than stock, after the tune it runs amazing. Stock this car gets around 200 hp after the intake and exhaust I was getting 220 and after the tune I'm at 240, but those numbers are at peak. XTREMERACINGTUNING is working on getting me a dyno graph comparison for a better idea of the change across the whole rpm range. We also did a race tune on Sunoco 260 gt 100 octane race fuel, I'm still waiting on numbers but it was a beast after we adjusted for the new gas.

Last edited by west_minist on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
west_minist

Xmas 2014 Tuning Special

Postby west_minist » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:31 am

Dear All:

Please check out my Xmas Tuning special
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=27368

Have a great day!
West_Minist

Subaru Diagnostics & Logging Reviewer
Subaru Expert Tuner
http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum