My H6 transformed

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: My H6 transformed

Postby Sgottlieb » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:Owen: T intersection at Gellies/Wildwood Road, turning left. 2000rpm clutch dump and rubber dropped. 2 cars after yours saw the 4 black lines.

Sgottlieb wrote:
KiDo_Tuning wrote:I find it funny that Bruce cannot get wheelspin yet H-Are's phatass Forester XT with a VF52 on stock headers spins 19" sticky rubber... hell, Fabians LGT is stock with just a 3 port and spins the wheels. Even PinkK's LGT chirps in 1st gear
That said... I did find 6 interesting tables in the TBSTi LGT ECU the other day, suddenly a TBSTi with just a 3 port picked up 200rpm more spool and also chirps in 1st gear.

Are you talking about H-Are's SH9 that you don't tune anymore?

LOL
Check again. The recent Virtual Dyno with the torque dip at 4800rpm? One tweak, all fixed.

Yea he doesn't use your tune anymore Matt.
Sgottlieb

Car: SF5 Forester

Postby <GB> » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:44 pm

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
bass_straitener wrote:Please be careful Simon, don't pick up and report on Matt's falsehoods. SH30RB, the other Simon, and Kieran interpret that as not letting go. :lol:

SH30RB and chaotic2050 have that covered for 20 year old individuals selling secondhand/new parts. A business that reports BS like the above is supposedly a protected species or reporting should only be limited to 1 thread. Should the BS span multiple threads apparently the 1 thread policy of SH30RB comes into play. Will have to get Ric to add that to the forum rules. :lol:

For those really interested in the truth, H-are was tuned by Matt, but the tuning was going nowhere after multiple revisions with both boost spikes and knock reported on logs. All sorted since he's moved to Torqued Performance and has more power up top.

Since Matt has all the answers lets see why is he now locking all his H6 tune revisions and only getting Bryce to install them. Making it difficult for anyone, including owners, to read. Hiding something? :roll:

Funny also is the fact that I won't spin the wheels to demonstrate my cars power to fellow forum members is seen as can't do it. I call it being responsible at 3:20pm driving through an area with multiple school zones.

H-Are had the knock if you bother reading the forum(which you obviously do) because of a loose ignition coil/spark plug. Surprisingly common. Oddly enough, he is back on my tune after the dyno as it just feels better to drive(again in his forum comments) and yes, I made more power than TP's tune even on my base tune despite running less peak power boost.

Locking the tunes? Not locked Bruce, just write only which is to stop the hundreds of hours invested in a non-open source patch becoming public... that is the only thing it is protecting. I am not doing it to all tunes, only the ones with the patch since lets face it, if a car gets serviced at a workshop and they download the tune, they get the patched tune as well which can be used on other cars ;) If the car needs an urgent retune for any reason, an unpatched tune can be loaded over the top.

Bruce, stop the BS... You claimed I was blowing up engines and 5EAT's in the USA which is total BS and you know it. Not one person... although there is plenty of dyno tuned auto cars here showing massive low rpm auto clutch pack slip ;)

So u don't like sharing stuff on rom raider yet u take stuff? I understand why u do it as other work shops can get hold of it but really they wouldn't be sucking your tune out if u did your job right
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 pm

Sgottlieb wrote:Yea he doesn't use your tune anymore Matt.

Yet the comments are there with wheelspin with MY tune... hell, we had TD04 wheelspin before the VF52 even went on :lol:

<GB> wrote:So u don't like sharing stuff on rom raider yet u take stuff? I understand why u do it as other work shops can get hold of it but really they wouldn't be sucking your tune out if u did your job right

I do the programming logic analysis + table design, I do not do the actual 'programming' thus it is not 'open source' so is against the RR rules for posting.
Also, how do you think the 'Write Only' patch came into existence? Not exactly Open Source there either? :P

Apparently I do not share stuff on RomRaider? Biggest joke ever :lol:
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby <GB> » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:13 pm

I know u help others on there seen lots of stuff by throttle happy, though in this circumstance it's different

I thought that site was all about sharing but also respect if u crack something then u might want to use it to make money.
Write only patches....why were they developed? Is this to hide stuff like locking tunes?
<GB>

Postby dock » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Are there no moderators on this site ?
Most of this discussion is BS and should be deleted or the thread locked. I have a kido tune on my H6 and have no issues whatsoever but reading this just confuses everyone.
dock

Car: MY07 3RBSpec

Postby <GB> » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:25 pm

dock wrote:Are there no moderators on this site ?
Most of this discussion is BS and should be deleted or the thread locked. I have a kido tune on my H6 and have no issues whatsoever but reading this just confuses everyone.

most of it is not bullshit, thanks
<GB>

Postby kiahatsiu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Can I wade into the water here without having read anything?
How about someone goes to their local drag strip and sees what mile an hour it runs. Compare it to a stocker. Higher mile an hour, tune is making more power!
Kinda flush. Fitment is something. ADM as F*ck.
kiahatsiu

Car: Silver 05 GT Wagon

Postby alexeiwoody » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

This and many other threads have been read by people who can tune and reputable tuners who have proven results, not just anyone. They haven't commented that it is bs at all, because unfortunately there's truth to both sides. That should tell you something.

Good to hear you're happy with your tune, not everyone has had the same experience. The best thing you can do is learn abit about tuning, just enough to check everything is healthy, in case any mistakes were made. Check out romraider.com
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby owen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:48 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:This and many other threads have been read by people who can tune and reputable tuners who have proven results, not just anyone. They haven't commented that it is bs at all, because unfortunately there's truth to both sides. That should tell you something.

Good to hear you're happy with your tune, not everyone has had the same experience. The best thing you can do is learn abit about tuning, just enough to check everything is healthy, in case any mistakes were made. Check out romraider.com

He has paid a "reputable" tuner to provide him with a product and service. There should be no reason why he has to learn about something that should theoretically be spot on, and be an improvement to his car, nor should he have the need to constantly be worried that his tune is causing problems to his engine. If he is, what exactly has he forked out his hard earned dollars for?
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby alexeiwoody » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Because this:

owen wrote:Sorry my bad. Just met up with Bruce and went over my tune. It's running 23.8 psi and tapering off to 19. Either I have an atrocious memory, have hearing problems, or I'm constantly being bullshitted to lol.

Other than that, my LV is perfectly clean..no knock.
Maybe Bruce can comment on how the car feels.

Edit: 22.8 psi lol

Why did you get your tune checked?

And checking is easy and is the only way to know for sure. You don't need to change your tuner or worry about your engine if the check comes up clean.
alexeiwoody

Postby owen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:11 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:Because this:

owen wrote:Sorry my bad. Just met up with Bruce and went over my tune. It's running 23.8 psi and tapering off to 19. Either I have an atrocious memory, have hearing problems, or I'm constantly being bullshitted to lol.

Other than that, my LV is perfectly clean..no knock.
Maybe Bruce can comment on how the car feels.

Edit: 22.8 psi lol

Why did you get your tune checked?

And checking is easy and is the only way to know for sure. You don't need to change your tuner or worry about your engine if the check comes up clean.

Got it checked just to prove to bruce that msr isnt the only joint who can tune. Simple as that
owen

Car: VAB STi // VARIS 86
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17407

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:22 pm

It's been said on the Facebook group by some wise, attractive, well hung fella but ill reiterate.

On a cold and grey Chicago morn, another detailed club.lib thread is born. In the ghetto. In the ghettoooooooo.

*edit. In before teh lock*
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby alexeiwoody » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Owen - I knew you'd say that :) just yanking your chain man.

Anyway you got it checked since that was the only way to prove it was a good tune. And I bet it helped eliminate any doubts you might have had.

If people want to defend their tuner, they should get it checked before calling people bs artists.

Phil - that is the sickest and longest sig I've seen on here. Damn.
alexeiwoody

Postby garbo41610 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Phil - that is the thickest and longest "sig" I've seen on here. Damn.

Fixed...you got that right.

Threads already totalled.
Car(s): Steel Silver MY10 GT Wagon + 1985 Subaru Sherpa

Mods: (GT) HKS Panel Filter. The HKS I put in the MY10 is the same filter I took out of my MY05 GT. So yes, they do fit. Custom leather heel pad to minimise carpet wear in the drivers footwell. Slotted front rotors. (Sherpa) 14'' 6 Spoke mags, Chrome Gear Shift (sick!), Alloy Pedals (sicker!), new positive and negative battery terminals, Alpine cda-9827 H/U, JBL GT 6x9's boxed and mounted (sickest!), Kicker DS650.2 component speakers mounted in the footwells in flibreglass pods, Alpine MRP-F200 4 channel amp (4x40wRMS), Rebadged with hektik chrome eBay badges, STi stickers for more powaaaa, "leather" handbrake boot, recarpetted with grey/black car carpet from Bunnings, sick Clarke Rubber boot mat, polished and waxed.
garbo41610
-stickered-

Car: MY10 GT Wagon Steel Silver

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:01 pm

<GB> wrote:I know u help others on there seen lots of stuff by throttle happy, though in this circumstance it's different
I thought that site was all about sharing but also respect if u crack something then u might want to use it to make money.
Write only patches....why were they developed? Is this to hide stuff like locking tunes?

It is 'shareable' if it is Open Source 'freeware' so writing new code, not 'cracking existing code is not Open Source.

It is not locking tunes, it is not that hard to understand? I load a tune, if it needs a new tune loaded at a workshop then they can load a tune over the top. I can set a tune so that it needs the correct Tactrix serial number to download IF required.
Write only is developed because some of my international clients go to a performance workshop to have parts fitted and the tune is stolen. The software writer(I went to Uni with him) wrote the code as the E85 patch and manual cars throttle blip on downshift is not open source ;)
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

PreviousNext

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific