Re: My H6 transformed

Postby Swan_Liberty » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:22 am

yes there is a power increase, and there is a huge torque increase down low
Swan_Liberty

Car: PreLift 3.0RB Sedan

Postby SubMeister » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:36 am

Just had my H6 tune updated by Matt.

It always amazes me how much extra performance he can eke out of the H6. This time around, adjustment to the torque tables has produced more torque and responsiveness at low to mid range rpms. It's like the torque I had at 3500 is now available at 3000, the previous 3000 torque now kicks in at 2500, and so on. The pull from 4000+ is the same as before and I'm happy with that. The car is a more relaxed drive as I short shift through the torque waves :D

A big thanks to Matt for continuing to support and develop the H6.
SubMeister

Car: H6 Spec B MY09

Postby Tonic » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:16 am

SubMeister wrote:Just had my H6 tune updated by Matt.

It always amazes me how much extra performance he can eke out of the H6. This time around, adjustment to the torque tables has produced more torque and responsiveness at low to mid range rpms. It's like the torque I had at 3500 is now available at 3000, the previous 3000 torque now kicks in at 2500, and so on. The pull from 4000+ is the same as before and I'm happy with that. The car is a more relaxed drive as I short shift through the torque waves :D

A big thanks to Matt for continuing to support and develop the H6.

Yeah second that. When I met up with Matt I discussed my driving use. Power bands were flattened with improved drivability. Coming out of a give way up a hill at Korora the car bogged down but that has been righted with the tune.

A year later and it is still good. Now though, as the car reaches 10 years and 200,000km I have some decisions to make. Spend money on it or upgrade car. Electric locks are failing ($240 for an actuator), wipers are loose (subby wants $1,000 but wreckers want $66 for used), rear passenger window fails to proceed but worse of all tar removal with a scoured by well meaning idiot has left scratches all over the place. Wife says sell but heart says develop further.....
Tonic

Car: 06 Liberty 3.0RB now 09 facelift

Postby veefa bspec » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:31 pm

SubMeister wrote:I had a street tune from Matt (KiDo) a week ago and am very impressed with the results.

I initially didn't want to believe the hype. But I was so fed up with the doughy throttle and excessive fuel consumption that I thought, what the heck...

So I asked for a street tune because I wanted more torque earlier, a more responsive but smooth throttle, and no more DBW lag -- and Matt delivered on all that, and then some.

It feels like the torque that came in at 3,000 rpm now comes in just above 2,000. And then it keeps on wanting to rev all the way to redline. In 5th gear it pulls like the old 3rd gear. Nothing manic mind you, just a meaty wave of sustained torque that propels you along.

And there are some fine points to the tune as well. The throttle has that nice direct precise feeling almost as if it was connected with a cable. The idle is rock steady at 800 rpm and compensates nicely for the a/c. The cruise control was somehow recalibrated so that it's now practically imperceptible when it switches on/off to maintain your set speed. There's a bit more engine brake. And it's easier to downshift into a lower gear as the revs fall more quickly when you're off throttle which allows the syncros to mesh better. Matt also set the cooling fan to come on a bit earlier to maintain a cooler engine.

And here's the kicker - my fuel use has dropped down to 10L/100kms on a combo of spirited driving, stop/start suburbs and freeway. Pre tune that would have cost easily cost me 12.5L/100km. That's measured at the bowser the old fashioned way. Same bowser, same fuel, etc.

A big thanks to Matt for giving me the H6 I always wanted! :good:

Matt knows his stuff ..good to see another happy h6er ...
Better to be Shot from a Cannon Then Squeezed from a Tube......................
veefa bspec

Car: 06 bspec Liberty,SS Ls1,73 HQ 1T,+

Postby Swipez » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:29 pm

SubMeister wrote:I had a street tune from Matt (KiDo) a week ago and am very impressed with the results.

I initially didn't want to believe the hype. But I was so fed up with the doughy throttle and excessive fuel consumption that I thought, what the heck...

So I asked for a street tune because I wanted more torque earlier, a more responsive but smooth throttle, and no more DBW lag -- and Matt delivered on all that, and then some.

It feels like the torque that came in at 3,000 rpm now comes in just above 2,000. And then it keeps on wanting to rev all the way to redline. In 5th gear it pulls like the old 3rd gear. Nothing manic mind you, just a meaty wave of sustained torque that propels you along.

And there are some fine points to the tune as well. The throttle has that nice direct precise feeling almost as if it was connected with a cable. The idle is rock steady at 800 rpm and compensates nicely for the a/c. The cruise control was somehow recalibrated so that it's now practically imperceptible when it switches on/off to maintain your set speed. There's a bit more engine brake. And it's easier to downshift into a lower gear as the revs fall more quickly when you're off throttle which allows the syncros to mesh better. Matt also set the cooling fan to come on a bit earlier to maintain a cooler engine.

And here's the kicker - my fuel use has dropped down to 10L/100kms on a combo of spirited driving, stop/start suburbs and freeway. Pre tune that would have cost easily cost me 12.5L/100km. That's measured at the bowser the old fashioned way. Same bowser, same fuel, etc.

That sounds freaking awesome mate, I'm talking to Matt now about getting an e85 flex tune on mine. Can't wait to experience the magic Matt worked on your car!
Swipez

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Postby Swipez » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:02 pm

I got my h6 done yesterday, and I couldn't agree more with exactly what you said. Biggest thanks to Matt.
Swipez

Car: MY07 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Previous

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific