My H6 transformed

Posts specific to the 3.0 litre NA H6 engine

Re: My H6 transformed

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:13 am

Fark rob my 1999 v6 magna would blast the shite out of the tires when floored at the lights and it was auto!! Bahaha like 100atw

Dumping the clutch....really. ...I don't think you need a tune or a fast car to break traction there...im sorry I didn't realise this was a pissing contest... :mrgreen:
Running no. of weeks without breaking something in the lib: 0
No. of things still to fix in in the lib: 97
alexeiwoody

Car: MY07 LibGT 5EAT

Postby Statts » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:20 am

*Unsubscribed.

What a shit thread this has become to follow.
MY06 3.0R-B
Cusco bars & links, AVO mounts, JSpeed LCA bushes
Prova intake, HKS resonator trumpet, HKS panel filter
E85 KiDo tuned
Statts

Car: 05 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14975

Postby <GB> » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:52 am

Statts wrote:*Unsubscribed.

What a shit thread this has become to follow.

if there wasnt so much bullshit claims it wouldnt have been like this!!
<GB>

Car: 08 Liberty STI
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14660

Postby 6Banger » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Brainy , std tyres for an outback H6 about 30% left kumho's,
(GB)brandon you need to get a life and drive your car instead of posting 2.7 times a day , just because i dont post doesnt mean i can't read and form an opinion, so i've got one of you if you'd like to hear it, thanks for the welcome
6Banger

Car: Gen 4 H6 Outback premium

Postby <GB> » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 pm

6Banger wrote:Hi Brainy , std tyres for an outback H6 about 30% left kumho's,
(GB)brandon you need to get a life and drive your car instead of posting 2.7 times a day , just because i dont post doesnt mean i can't read and form an opinion, so i've got one of you if you'd like to hear it, thanks for the welcome

stalker much? if you know my name then best you get a life, i can post 2.7 times a day if i like!! and i do drive my car among every other make and model car the work supplies
<GB>

Postby cliffo3rb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Go to bed.
cliffo3rb

Car: MY05 Liberty 3.0rb

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Im with 6banger/cam on this one...everyone deserves to post their honest opinion, without getting crap for it.

Mentioning breaking traction probably stirred a few of us up, since ive been in Bruces car with 200ish atw and we never once broke traction. If we're talking about cornering then even stock tune loses grip wirh body roll.

Good to hear the extra power is there for cam, interested to hear about the fuel ec and if any pinging occurs?
alexeiwoody

Postby <GB> » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:24 pm

you said honest opinion... if i think its not so honest then ill speak up, people on here need to grow some balls. i also have an opinion too so if i think your full of shit ill say so
<GB>

Postby alexeiwoody » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 pm

What makes you say he wasn't that honest? The traction thing was maybe a bit much....agreed....but respecting other members is the no.1 and only rule on this forum man
alexeiwoody

Postby <GB> » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:18 pm

How have I beem disrespectful?

Harden up people
<GB>

Postby KiDo_Tuning » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:03 pm

alexeiwoody wrote:Im with 6banger/cam on this one...everyone deserves to post their honest opinion, without getting crap for it.

Mentioning breaking traction probably stirred a few of us up, since ive been in Bruces car with 200ish atw and we never once broke traction. If we're talking about cornering then even stock tune loses grip wirh body roll.

Good to hear the extra power is there for cam, interested to hear about the fuel ec and if any pinging occurs?

Seen plenty of cars break traction, enough torque to overcome the tyres at low rpm is not that hard, even in an auto but it comes down to how brutal you want to be with the power delivery. I try to stay on the side of caution with the LGT 5EAT due to the massive amount of torque that can be the goal of most tuners which causes clutch pack slip, thus no loss of traction. H6 though, is a smooth torque at all rpm so stomping on it can get the old TC lighting up easily ;)

No pinging, the only noise issue is in some of the 07's as per the OP's car and since Bruce checked the ROM and the knock control system is fully functional, the IAM is on 1.000 with no actual knock...
I am sure the OP can comment on the fuel economy figures as well :) The difference was significant ;)

See what the OP says next week ;) I retweaked one on the weekend, it had torque steer in 3rd with an NA 6MT H6
KiDo Racing Tunes Info: HERE

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people
KiDo_Tuning

Car: Subarus + Nissans

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:34 am

Sounds good...trying out your 5EAT DBW tuning tmr matt, will see if I can feel the difference
alexeiwoody

Postby libz05 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:32 am

KiDo_Tuning wrote:
alexeiwoody wrote:Im with 6banger/cam on this one...everyone deserves to post their honest opinion, without getting crap for it.

Seen plenty of cars break traction, enough torque to overcome the tyres at low rpm is not that hard, even in an auto but it comes down to how brutal you want to be with the power delivery. I try to stay on the side of caution with the LGT 5EAT due to the massive amount of torque that can be the goal of most tuners which causes clutch pack slip, thus no loss of traction. H6 though, is a smooth torque at all rpm so stomping on it can get the old TC lighting up easily ;)

No pinging, the only noise issue is in some of the 07's as per the OP's car and since Bruce checked the ROM and the knock control system is fully functional, the IAM is on 1.000 with no actual knock...
I am sure the OP can comment on the fuel economy figures as well :) The difference was significant ;)

See what the OP says next week ;) I retweaked one on the weekend, it had torque steer in 3rd with an NA 6MT H6

matt i cant seem to break traction on a auto 3.0r-b my06 and ive been kiDo tuned LOL
pedal to the floor and no traction loss at all! i wouldnt mind abit of tyre smoke lol
libz05

Car: 2005 my06 3.0R-B
Profile URL: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15492

Postby bigBADbenny » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:06 am

I think they may be referring to "squirm" as opposed to actual wheelspin... Or get way crappier tyres lol. :wink:
bigBADbenny

Car: MY07 GT-B 6MT OBP Wagon
Profile URL: http://tinyurl.com/agvbzop

Postby alexeiwoody » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:13 am

libz05 wrote:matt i cant seem to break traction on a auto 3.0r-b my06 and ive been kiDo tuned LOL
pedal to the floor and no traction loss at all! i wouldnt mind abit of tyre smoke lol

You tyres must not be bad enough :P

libz, keen to hear about your progress with this one

bigBADbenny wrote:I think they may be referring to "squirm" as opposed to actual wheelspin... Or get way crappier tyres lol. :wink:

Matt just said there's a whole bunch of H6's with wheel spin...If he's just talking about squirm....that's pretty dissapointing
alexeiwoody

PreviousNext

Return to 3.0R & 3.6R engine specific